Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a port on my 2000 mach z to grease it i think?i know you guys have anwsered this in the past but look at the fische card on my machz it shows a cap and a little like drop by it i looked at the item # and it says isoflex grease so if it is supposed to be greased which i think it is by looking at the fische what should i use to get the isoflex in there???a reg grease gun??i know it sounds stupid but look at a pic before you respond cause skidoo makes it look like your supposed to grease it its the pto bearings im in question about i have no problems with 2500 miles on it i just want to service it if it needs it????should i try it???

HELLO AGAIN YES THE PLUG IT IS TO GREASE IT THE TUBE OF GREASE IS 60.00 FROM THE DEALER I GOT THE SAME 50 GRAM TUBES FOR SALE FOR 38.00 EACH OR A 400 GRAM TUBE FOR 115.00 NOW THATS A HELL OF A DEAL LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY ANY EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

·
Registered
664 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about, I pretty sure it's there for you to be able to grease it. I would contact a dealer to see how you go about doing that, I'd imagine you need a special tool just like anything else on a sled. Another thing that isoflex grease is unbeleivably expensive, I might even be low on this price- $50.00 for a tube smaller than your toothpaste.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I see what your saying. I just looked at the sled an indeed it is there covered by a small white cap.

Let me know if you find out and i'll do likewise as you went ahead and peeked my interest now....

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just called the dealer and they told me that yes you should grease the pto bearing.
They also told me that a tube is $58.00 and he said it is a real @#@$% to get the greese in there as you have to squeeze it out of the tube right into the hole.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yep! That's what the plug is for. You cant just shove the tube over the hole and squeeze, it wont work. I found a siringe at a gun show but you could probably find one at a farm store like farm and fleet or a vet's.
Once you find one, suck about half into the siringe and inject it in. You might even have to find a piece of hose that will slip over the tube but keep it as short as possible.
I do it once a year just for insurance reasons. A tube will do ya for 2 years. Yes, it's expensive but so is the 809 motor!

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my 2000 FIII 700 I have 2 things that interst me. One is what looks like a hose fitting with a white cap over it, and the other looks like a port hole cast into the case and looks like a ball bearing plugging it?? I was once told that the thing with a cap on it is a vacume hose connection not used on this motor and never really found out what the other hole was for? Anyone have any ideas. Where is the microfiche that shows this kind of detail? Only at the dealers? Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
That fitting is there for greasing during production, the grease is sealed in and has nowhere to go. Add grease if you like but IMO its a waste of money. Ive pulled part motors with 5000 miles on them and the grease is still there. When new the isoflex is very creamy, once it heat cycles it takes on the consistency of parifin wax and adheres to the bearings very well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
talked to my dealer he said not to put more greese in the base because if you put too much its going to come out somewhere like the seals or the tube told me that he opened some motors that had over 30000km and the grease was still there it only darkened but the bearings were in good shape. :blahblah:

·
Registered
524 Posts
To the best of my knowledge all current rotax liquid cooled motors have the crank bearings sealed in Isoflex grease, they started using this grease in 2000. .

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It started in the tripples. The 95 F3600 had sealed, the 700 tripple, the 809, and all of the series 3 use sealed design.

As of now, I do not know of one engine that Doo uses that down't have sealed crank bearings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts