Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone use any special grease to grease the zurk fittings?

I realize it has to be usable at freezing temps but any special brand names or any thing?

Thanks ???

·
Registered
425 Posts
im using arctic cat grease. its only about 3.00 a tube, and its good to -45 F
Thats what im going to do today!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Just plain old white lithium grease. A buck or two will buy a tube.

·
Registered
539 Posts
:sleeping: Yea: Go to your local dealer and purchase the grease. Then you will get the correct product. It is a lot cheaper in the long run.... :hallo1:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should only need 1 tube for 1 sled right?

I should just pump the zurks until it starts coming out of the joints a little right. ???

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Buying grease at the dealer is like buying parts at a dealer, you pay 2-3 times as much as an auto parts store.. IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 tube is more than enough to do your sled a couple times.Yes pump enough grease so it comes through joints,reason for this is so that it pushes out any moisture that may have built up in joints!!!!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I use Artic Cat grease on my Viper. I got it at my local Yami dealer, it's what the mechanics recommended. One tube should last you quite a bit. I greased 3 Vipers last year and still have over half a tube. Of course we didn't get to ride like everyone up north. I only got to put on 428 miles last year and that was on a trip to Colorado.

I keep a seperate grease gun for my low temp sled grease so I don't have to switch back and forth.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys...I'll be doing that this weekend along with taking the shocks off so I can get them rebuilt. :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Any tube grease will do :hallo1:

Don't waste your money on OEM grease

I grease my sled each week sometimes after ride when water is involved

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Kirk@Nov 19 2002, 01:27 PM
And don't forget to grease them in the spring. Get all the moisture out!
That's really important. Got lazy last spring, didn't do the spring maintenance on the sled, just put it up on its stand. Come the fall, the suspension was seized solid! :doh: I had to totally disassemble it to free it up! It's greased nice now, though! :D

Jacqui.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by FreezerBurnt@Nov 19 2002, 03:03 AM
Any tube grease will do :hallo1:

Don't waste your money on OEM grease

I grease my sled each week sometimes after ride when water is involved
I use a low temp grease that I get at Canadian Tire. Never bought grease from Ski-doo.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey woodycam,

I just bought a seperate grease gun last week for the low temp stuff. I went to Auto Zone and bought some Mobil Synthetic that's good to -35. I hope to go through the whole tube this winter.....if ya know what I mean!

Jon

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i have some negative ten million degree stuff that is synthetic, don't use lithium grease it is water soluble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts