Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this b 4....but i don't know what happened.  so here it is again:

Last edited by Rocketman at Sep. 15, 2002, 3:41pm

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
What happened was, it was most likely deleted, because it looks alot like a commercial post, which we all know are not allowed in these forums. If you want to push your product, talk to the webmaster and arrange some advertising on the site.

·
Registered
752 Posts
After trying several differant systems over the past few years, last winter I finally came across the perfect 2-way radio system. The system I purchased is a Motorola 2 watt radio. the speaker system for the helmet is manufactured by Motocomm. The system was installed in a Lazer modular helmet. In using the system I found the range to be excellent, being between 1-2 miles. Also, there was no engine feedback. What I like most about the system is that the radio can be easily removed from its pack which I have mounted on the center of the handlebar, and used for various other activites such as hunting, family vactaions, etc... Basically, it's a push to talk system, with the button being mounted by velcro to the brake side of the handlebar. The company I ordered it from is XXXXXXXXXXX, which is in NY. Their phone number is XXXXXXXXX and their e-mail address is XXXXXXXXX.net
You'd be surprised how much more enjoyable this makes the whole riding experience.

the system can be bought as a package, or as individual components. I bought it as a package, it went as follows...

The radio is a Motorola TalkAbout GMRS/FRS 2 way radio. With a 13 hour NiMH recharchable battery and charger. NOAA weather broadcasts and weather alerts for safety. And is weather resistant.
Retail: $174.99

The headset is a Motocom MC-551. It's a Push to Talk system. Available for both full face and half face helmets. Easily installed in most snowmobile or motorcycle helmet.
Retail: $59.00

Lazer Blizzard Helmet. It's a modular design, available with electric sheild at an additional cost.
Retail: $220.00

Optional electric face shield
Retail: $85.00

overall, I feel it was a worthwhile investment considering the many uses of the radio and the fact that it makes riding w/ my family and friends more enjoyable. It allows us to make eachother aware of oncoming sleds and hazards in the trail, as well as oraganizing stops. You simply just don't have to keep turning around to make sure your riding parters are behind you. again, their number is XXXXXXXX, and their e-mail address is XXXXXXXX.net hope you have a great riding season!

There now it is not an ADVERTISMENT !!!! just a very good idea.  
This is what Rob70 tried to post but it was deleated for advertisment abuse. If anyone wants more information contact Rob70 ( our newest member ), by the way welcome aboard Rob70 !!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
hum... Kinda sounds like one to me... It deffenitly smells fishy..  that just me.. Sorry if it isn't.. but there is way to much specific info on there.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
It would be an advertisment if it was telling you specificaly where to get this stuff at those prices or even cheaper , but mentioning Motorola or Lazer Helmets is no different than any other post on here . If a person can't say he bought a Lazer helmet for $220 , maybe we should not mention Ski doo or Arctic Cat or what you just bought your used sled for . This guy came up with a great idea of hooking up a Talkabout radio for sled to sled comunication and has given you an idea of what it cost him.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It sounds like a great idea, I have many FRS radios and have always thought of doing that, but that price seems a little high, $59 for a headset.  Of coarse, I am comparing that to Cabelas headset for $20.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Its not a advertizment IMO.  Its just a really good solution to a problem.  

Ive tried a lot and eventually just thrown my comunicators in the trash because there not worth talking thru.  However this looks really good.  I found the motocom info by doing a search in google and i might just buyone for my motorola talkabouts.  

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
It does sound like a good idea, but I'm having some trouble picturing the setup.

So you have a motorola radio mounted where?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello everyone.  Sorry if you guys thought it was an advertisement.  Looking back on it now, it does look like one.  i was just trying to let my fellow snowmobilers in on what I had found.  I didn't know how else to put it to make it look any different.  I wasn't trying to advertise to make money or anything.  I have nothing to do w/ that company, I was just spreading the word about what I got from them.  Since im not allowed to say the specifics on where I got the system, if you want to know their number or email or anything, send me a private message.  Peace.

A

·
0 Posts
I like the system I use now.  If I want to get ahold of my riding buddy I just ride up next to him and slap his kill switch.  ha ha  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob70 @ Sep. 16, 2002, 03:03am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Since im not allowed to say the specifics on where I got the system, if you want to know their number or email or anything, send me a private message.  Peace.[/b][/quote]
I believe the email address you posted for North Country Sports was [email protected]

·
Registered
752 Posts
mustardman:  I believe this set up is to try to get something better than the collett comunicators or the hjc chatter box. It all depends on who you ask whether either one works very well , some people have had good luck with them other hate the system. This has been debated many times on here, I have never owned either but think the motorola system would be much better. I'm not sure about mounting the system on your handle bars though. I had always thought I would mount the radio on the side of my helmet with a push to talk buttom mounted in an easy to reach spot possibly on the helmet so there was no wires connecting me to the sled. Of course if you had a heated visor one more wire wouldn't make that much of a difference. Mounted on the handle bars would give you the option of a constant power suppy though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just checked out the motocomm and it looks pretty good.

Does this set up require you to tap into your machine do you know??  I really want a system and really need some opinions.

Thank you for your help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts