Snowmobile World banner

Great time in wester u.p. mi.

4K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  liquid600 
#1 ·
Geting a rest for the journey that lies ahead.........

#17 ·
I am from Nashville, Tennessee but have family in Illinois and we went to the Western U.P. in Michigan (Bergland). I took the pictures on 1/17/02 through the 1/19/02. They had some great lake effect snow off of Lake Superior.

Wishing for more snow and hoping for a return at the end of February!!!!!

#19 ·
Liquid, did you go near Munising, or stay East of there?  Were you near Paradise, MI?  Those trails look awesome.  Was up there 3 wks ago, nothing like that.  LOL

Please post where you rode...hoping to go back up in a week or two.

Thanks, Jim

#21 ·
Those were all on the west end of the state. Those pics brought back some great memories. I can't wait to do it again. Haven't been in about 5 yrs. Thats some beautiful riding on that side over there. Was the one pic of you on the side of the trail with a hand rail in the photo, was that the hand rail to that abondoned mine or what ever on your way to lake of the clouds.?

#23 ·
Great pics, Me and my wife were just there yesterday.
It was my wifes first ride and she just loved the trails.
We started out at Wakefield, to Bergland, up to lake of the clouds. Had lunch at Hoop "n Hollar. Took the ice, as alot of riders are riding on Lake gogibic now. Some slush on the south side. North side from hoot"n hollar to Bergland was good.  We rode Thurs, 1/24/02.
Plan on going back and head more north east.
Next time I will have to take my camera.

#24 ·
Excellent photos.  Thanx a million for sharing.  Of course, it is only getting me that much more psyched up for my trip!!  

#26 ·
Recap on the trip itinerary:

1- Ironwood to Bessemer, Wakefield, Bergland, Silver City, Lake of the clouds, Rockland, Mass City and Twin Lakes

2- For food there was Hoop-n-Hollar and The Root Cellar

3- Put around 400 miles on our sleds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.