Snowmobile World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1996 polaris indy classic 500 and recently a grinding noise or very rappid thumping noise has been coming from what sounds like the track. i cheked the track tention and it was a little loose but not enought to realy need to be tightened but i decided to do it anyways. it still does it. it usualy starts when i accelorate or when i hit bump (woop sized or plow hill sized) when the suspension goes down. it will allways do it if im going under 10mph and i put it to the grip. i dont know what is wrong outher then track tension and it wasnt it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it posible it could be my clutch or something too? it only does it when i am on the gas. i checked the boggie wheels and the track and hifax and all seemed ok. i dont know if it could be the cluch or what whould make the clutch do it. i also dont know how to check chain tenion since i dont know where it is at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same thing happened to a buddies sled. turned out to be missing a chunk of belt on the inside. don't forget about a possible broken tunnel protector.[/b]
yea my belt is new but it is also "ribbed" on both sides. the tunnel protector looks ok just a few scrapes in the back where it stops and the studs hit... theres not many though so i don't think it is that. thanks for the suggestion tho. i appreciate it

i will look into the fact that it could be broken tho i will look more thero at the tunnel protectors to see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.