Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of adhesive you use to restick the elements on the bars?I have no idea...Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
grants,
i used contact cement, you know the stuff you apply to both surfaces and when the glue gets tacky bond them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Before you put you hand grips back on fill the handle bars with foam insulation , this will help keep your hands much warmer. ( I read that somewhere )

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
indy,
that came right out of a dirty book i wasn't going to mention it for someone might have thought i read the same book, i don't. :doh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would try eithr 2 part epoxy or buy grip glue from performance engineering or dennis kirk. The last thing you want is to have your grip pull off on a hard turn. It also helps to scuff up the bar with scotchbrite or sandpaper for better adhesion. goodluck

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I really wouldn't use an epoxy. It will get hard and crack. Paul is right, a contact cement will stay flexible and bond well.
I like the insulation idea.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i just had a brain surge here about the spray foamed bars and i think that is a no no, because what happens if you have to work on the elements again ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Paul are the heating elements not in the grip part ? If you don't like spray foam use a solid foam, hell use tissue paper or what ever , anything to fill up the dead air space in your handle bars and transpere the heat to your hands where it is needed. Speaking of hand warmers I was also told that if you stuck a piece if sticky foam tape on the back of your thumb warmer it would help keep a lot more heat on you thumb.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
indy,
my thoughts are the wiring through the bars that will be glued in forever if the bars are filled with spray foam.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Paul I thought the wiring was on the outside of the handle bars, I'll have to check my sleds today and find out for sure. It's time to start them again and smell that 2 stoke oil anyhow .....hmmmmm

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
indy,
maybe your sled has the wiring on the outside, but i know that my dimmer and element wiring are through the bars. there are bars made of carbon fibre maybe if those are hollow ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts