Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Canada, Saskatchewan actually.  In our province the snowmobile clubs groom over 10,000 kms of trails.(6,000miles).  We do this to ensure the safety of our fellow snowmobilers,to respect landowners property and to offer guests to these areas, routes to follow.  The entire expense is on the clubs shoulders.  From purchasing the groomers to buying the signs, everything.  It cost thousands of dollars per year.  Our Provincial Association had asked the government for some funding for the clubs..  They responded by buying three groomers for three provincial parks for the total of
$ 380,000 a nice gesture but it sure doesn't help the clubs who groom the other 9,500 kms of the trails.  The other clubs in the areas could have been contracted out to groom these parks trails. The money created could  have really helped out.  As the park trails don't really add up to much compared to the whole system.  They figure that snowmobiling creates over $9 million in tax revenue.  It just seems wrong.. Sorry for the long letter but I'm a little pist off.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I didn't realize they were doing that. Welll....I didn't vote for them....

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm from Regina and I also heard that they bought three new groomers for three different regions. I also heard that the SSA asked the government for funding to help groom the trails. In turn the government spends the money on new groomers. I know that the existing setup for grooming was under funded by a long shot, so why would they not sink that money into the existing programs and clubs that groom. Watch in the near future, I bet the price of our trail passes is gonna skyrocket. Sask has three new groomers but where is the money gonna come from to operate these things. You guessed it . Seems to me they are doing things backwards. I'm a little ticked also and I hardly ride the trails but i still pay my $45 dollars to ride them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts