Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with Rick at Hackers Yamaha in Houghton Lake MI and he said their RX-1 weighed in at 583 lbs. He also said that in initial runs it was even with their srx race sled.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Sounds like a winner!! Is that wet weight ? I assume it is.
Caleb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally some good news instead of all the bashing Ive been reading. Hope its bang on???

A

·
0 Posts
The RX-1 is an awesome looking sled, almost as awesome as the Firecat.  lol  I would get an RX-1 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
583 with out the engine in it.  I had the chance to lift a few between last winter and now and im sure its more.  THe MachZ is around 583 and i can lift that no problem.  The RX1 felt nailed to the ground and i almost thru my back when trying to lift it.  

I would say its 610 dry.  This is not a bash just an observation.

I mean common, if it was only 583 (which is not really bad for a muscle sled) why would they not tell everyone the weight and put front bumpers on it that cant support the weight.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here we go again, the RX-1 is balanced way better than the MachZ.  Yea, you can lift up the back of a mach without a problem but try the same on the front, the engine and pipes are right there.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im talking about lifting it up from the front ski/suspention.  Even thou thats not really accurate it was still harder then H*LL lifting the one side.  Also the rear of the yamaha is not really light either.  Its about the same as the mach.  Maybe cause of all the exhaust crap in the back.  

It will still be a good machine, but the more i see this thing the more i still want a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Need to realize that in order to race, ISR has to have an "official" weight on the sled. This number is usually low vs. production, but not by much. Maybe 10lbs. for a margon of error.

Rick Hacker I am sure is getting there race team together for the fall and working like crazy on them sleds. They have the nicest and best looking team in Mi, and results that speak for themsevles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just remember a 400 lb. sled is heavy when it's stuck up to your waist in snow.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am not to sure if Yammie was truthful about the 5% dry weight difference between the RX-1 and SRX. According to all of the info on this site the figure for the RX-1's weight is 583 lbs dry, and according to Yamaha the 2002 SRX is 522lbs if both of these figures are correct their is a 12% weight difference. Now the SRX would really have to weigh 555lbs and the RX-1 583lbs to have a 5% wieght difference. So now if you bought an RX-1 comparing it to an SRX through Yamaha's literature you were expecting to get a sled that weighs 548lbs, a HUGE difference. The way I see the situation, not matter how you slice it Yamaha lied about its weight, and that is frustrating that the manufacturers have to be like politicians. I am sure it will be a good sled and I cant wait to try one (hopefully I will have the opportunity), but like the Viper Hype last year I am sure there will be some expectations that are not met for some riders.

P.S. I reposted this here from http://www.snowmobileworld-s2.com/cgi-bin....;t=5457 beacuse it fit in this thread better being that this post is specifically about the RX-1's weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts