Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some issues with belt deflection with stock size belt.. So i tried a tad wider one and took out some shims out of secondary, better but still bogged...Couldnt get goin in deep powder....

So i decided to try a t660 belt which is a tad wider then stock and about 1 1/2 inches shorter.....
Sled rips off the line hard...But seems rpms are high and takes little longer to upshift...

not sure of what max rpms are suppose to be cuz since ive owned this sled it always had the bad bog.

now it runs great but revs high so im hoping a belt inbetween should be the key????????

the belt deflection before was like 3 inches and now its like 1 inch. Tad to tight so i ADDED 2 shims cuz it wanted to creep and stall out...Got rid of that with shims but seems to still rev high.....

Might try a 06 polaris supersport 550 belt. Suppose to be 1 1/8 shorter then stock one and maybe take another few shims out

So its a 1994 zr700, wondering what max rpms are suppose to be, not so much peak hp rpms, but how high should i worry about rpms?

·
Registered
61 Posts
just burn it !!!! JK Glenn... Just go out and buy a new one !!!! You better be ready to ride, I was thinking tuesday.. let me know

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because the correct belt has to much deflection....Dont ask why, i bought sled in a box, put it back together, rebuilt motor since that was in a box in pieces also.... Maybe it was hit in front at some point???? I dont know...The correct belt is too long even after i take out shims in primary and adjust motor and shim it even.....Maybe has different clutch set up????? Who knows.....Just know that from measurements and trial and error that it seems to be right around a 46 3/8"ish long belt i need now...Not stock 47 3/4.....I also tried a wider stock size belt to get it higher in the primary but no go either.........Sooner or later might get new clutches and go from there...............

But runs great now, just revs a little higher then it should but heard its still in safe zone.....So ill keep riding it for rest of season.....Going to go buy the polaris belt this week and that should do it great......should be golden to rip down trails for sure.

Im just happy it moves off the line again.

·
Registered
980 Posts
What RPM's are you seeing for engagement and peak? I don't know what the target R's for this engine, but I owuld say engagement is probably supposed to be 4500 +/- and full shift around 8200. What is the C-C you have crankshaft to jackshaft? Someone here is going to know these specs for sure, but whatever it takes ot make it work properly is all good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have some issues with belt deflection with stock size belt.. So i tried a tad wider one and took out some shims out of secondary, better but still bogged...Couldnt get goin in deep powder....

So i decided to try a t660 belt which is a tad wider then stock and about 1 1/2 inches shorter.....
Sled rips off the line hard...But seems rpms are high and takes little longer to upshift...

not sure of what max rpms are suppose to be cuz since ive owned this sled it always had the bad bog.

now it runs great but revs high so im hoping a belt inbetween should be the key????????

the belt deflection before was like 3 inches and now its like 1 inch. Tad to tight so i ADDED 2 shims cuz it wanted to creep and stall out...Got rid of that with shims but seems to still rev high.....

Might try a 06 polaris supersport 550 belt. Suppose to be 1 1/8 shorter then stock one and maybe take another few shims out

So its a 1994 zr700, wondering what max rpms are suppose to be, not so much peak hp rpms, but how high should i worry about rpms?[/b]
make sure clutches are aligned with alignment tool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts