Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hated to do it but I finally broke down and went to a Polaris dealer today. I wanted to buy a gallon of amsoil and they are the only one in my area that sell it. I was going to go with the cheaper syn but he stated that some of the polaris power valve guys were still having valves stick and they needed regular cleaning so I bought the GOOD stuff, the racing synthetic. It costs as much as the Cat synthetic so I didn't save anything that way, have to see how much cleaner it burns through the firecat this season. It was weird being in there and not seeing green everywhere. I need a drink. LOL

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You may want to reconsider using the Race oil as when I called Amsoil they recomended their regular oil for anything but all out racing.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I feel for ya man

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Amsoil Race oil works perfect. You will be very happy, MANY people use it in stock sleds all winter and it works perfectly! Plus, it doesn't stink! It has really almost no odor at all.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Your not going to hurt anything running Race Oil, but the regular amsoil would be fine for you. Not to mention much cheaper.

ZR is right, Amsoil says no need to use race oil, unless your racing. I think thats an honest answer from an honest supplier (considering they make more if you run the race oil).

If you don't want to go back to the Polaris dealer, you can buy Amsoil on line. Infact, you can sign up as a perferred customer and get a pretty good discount while your at it. They ship right to your home.

FishHog

·
Registered
310 Posts
I got 4 gallons of standard synthetic Amsoil from UPS last week.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fish Hog, Be serious! You have to use Amsoil Red oil. It just looks pretty!!! The regular Amsoil looks like Cat oil. My sled would throw a rod in protest if it thought I put Cat oil in it!!! I love my sled too much for that............ :inlove: :inlove: :p :p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I pour in the Red over the blue oil thats in there won't that make it green? LOL :)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
It would have to make it faster... lol

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It's funny you should say it looks like Cat oil. I thought that too. Except the new cat APV oil is blue I think. Anyway. Funny stuff. Gotta love amsoil though. SWRules :inlove:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes it must have hurt, seeing all those TOP QUALITY sleds, man you must have wanted one after leaving! LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
czy42strokes, you can get Amsoil Series 2000 Racing for 23 dollars a gallon if you order it online (and sign up for the preferred customer deal).

I drained the regular oil from my MXZ yesterday and filled up with the Series 2000. I ran the sled for a while in the trailer and it did sting my eyes but its because the oil pump is way too fat - the dealer is going to turn it down when I bring it in for pre-season check up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I paid 54 bucks for 4 gallons on the AMSOIL site +9 bucks for shipping.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Oct 2 2002, 04:25 PM
I paid 54 bucks for 4 gallons on the AMSOIL site +9 bucks for shipping.
WOW, That's 15.75 a gal. Not bad. I worked it out for shipping and all and it came out to around 18 a gal. I can get it for that at a shop by my house.
Maybe I'll work it out again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts