Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best handguards picking form powermadd, accerbis, or powersport???

im thinking im going to get a pair of black and yellow powermadd guards, like the looks.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I see no use in them other than looks

I use handlebar muffs :sly:

my hands get cold easy

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent gotten the risers yet im just making a list of what im going to get when i go to royal. im thinking im going to get a 4 inch block with the pivot adapter.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hurry time is now
www.RoyalDistributing.com

SPRING THAW STOCK ADJUSTMENT SALE!
INTERNET SALE ONLY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're overstocked!
Take advantage - save like never before!

25% OFF ALL
SNOWMOBILE PARTS!
SNOWMOBILE CLOTHING!
SNOWMOBILE ACCESSORIES!
Friday 8am
March 23, 2007
to
Sunday Midnight
April 1 , 2007

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
personally i like the powermadds the best but handgaurd dont work as good as you think. the help some but not that much

·
Registered
657 Posts
The handguards are decent at preventing fine scrathes on the back of your gloves, they end up on the front of your hand guards :D I have to say, the hand guards for me look better than they work, but I wouldn't go without now. I've just gotten used to them being there :) It does take awhile to get used to though, when you're riding and wondering if you fastened them enough so that they won't fall out of place or something :huh:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hurry time is now
www.RoyalDistributing.com
SPRING THAW STOCK ADJUSTMENT SALE!
INTERNET SALE ONLY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're overstocked!
Take advantage - save like never before!

25% OFF ALL
SNOWMOBILE PARTS!
SNOWMOBILE CLOTHING!
SNOWMOBILE ACCESSORIES!
Friday 8am
March 23, 2007
to
Sunday Midnight
April 1 , 2007[/b]
i cant seem to find this on their site
anyone know the best preforming handguards are? warmest

·
Registered
593 Posts
Handguards only really help if your bars are raised above the windshield. I know with Power Madds You can buy the extensions that clip on to add some extra wind deflection. I have power madds and i like em.

·
Registered
657 Posts
... can I add again??? Please please please??? I do it all the time anyway :crazy:

Ok, as you can tell from my picture, my windshield does nothing for my hands. The handlebars in that picture are not raised, that is the neutral state as if they did not have rider select. The first thing I noticed is they did work... how many times have I checked to see if my hand-warmers were on to discover that, nope, they were off. But it sure felt like they were on. There is an exception to this rule though: when the temperature itself is really cold. The hand-guards cut wind chill, but if the temperature itself is still -20*C, then it doesn't matter how good your windshield or handguards are, it's still going to feel like -20*C. Perhaps the muffs will work better in this scenario... but they don't look as cool as handguards though :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
But they work for small branches? Everey now and then in southern wis we have to slide down into the ditch to get some lube and hand guards that would hold up to branches would be great. No I do not ride the ditchs. where theirs snow!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have powermadd and they will deflect the same amount of air as acerbis flags. You don't need the extensions but i put them on anyway because they look pretty sweet. I have red powermadds with black rox extensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
[attachment=35202:106_0699.jpg]

With the picture of my sled, you can see how the acrebis looks on the rev. I love them, and I remembered that snotech complained that the low windshield even with the handguards was cold. I didn't see how they made that claim.
It's your personal preference,
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i seem to like all the handguards available to me(sportech, acerbis, powermadd) but i can decide on which ones would be best for me.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You had to sign up on Royal's site to receive emails from them.

It's true, 25% off IN STOCK items only.[/b]
That also only applies to internet orders.
Not phone or over the counter / in-store orders.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dang! i was hoping to get a new snocross helmet with googles and some studs and the 25% off would have been great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so if i ordered a helmet, goggles, studs, and backers online on their site they would give me 25% off????

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I might add that the Powermadd have accessory mirrors available. They're small, but no trouble picking up a headlight in back of you at all. Those are how I made up my mind...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Actuallly, that's how I can tell if someone is behind me at night. I have red handguards, and I see them light up when someone is behind me. Before then, because of how my headlights worked, I couldn't tell if someone was behind me or not. Now I know if someone is behind me because I'll be able to see my handgaurds light up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts