Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put in a handle bar riser in a 2001 zr800??if so what needs to be done??do i need to extend anything...Thanks

·
10,054 Posts
depends on how much of a riser your gonna put in. You can probably get away with a 4" without extending anything, but if your going much higher, your gonna extend some cables,,,

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
www.olesmachine.com

30deg riser

I got a 3.5" on my 01 ZR

its cut at 30degrees at the bottom which moves your bars forward

I love mine and I am 6'5

he is great to deal with and quick on delivering

I will gladly deal with him in the future

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 02 ZL SS has the same bars/steering post as your 01. I bought an articulating bar riser (ABR) from Hiperf and I'm very happy with it. It allowed me to raise the bars vertically without bringing them back. This is way more comfortable than just blocking the post. A few other companies make the articulating risers now too. My risers are the 4" style and I had to make no additional modifications.

·
Registered
177 Posts
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/mat...pg?t=1193635499

this is an 01 that we put firecat bars onto with all the wiring and stuff included. the wiring took a little bit of thinking but it works really well.

just an idea...

as far as extending stuff for risers... yes you need to extend them for anything over a 4" rise. not to mention as i recall on that sled we had to custom make a pivot block because the way the column was designed did not allow us to pivot the riser forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
I put a 6.5 riser with sno pro bars and did not need any extensions. I love it. Stand without leaning over..

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I put a 6.5 riser with sno pro bars and did not need any extensions. I love it. Stand without leaning over..[/b]
6.5inch riser with Snopro bar is the same height as stock bar and 4 inch riser btw

Also if you do not have the riser with angled bottom like Oles Machine or a pivot, the bar are back towards ya with regular riser

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah, I've got the pivot adaptor and that raises the bars another 1.5 inches so it's a little higher than stock bars and a 4" riser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts