Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WhenI was sitting on the REV, I found the LH handlebar controls really nice. A few years ago Ski-doo put the same type of controls on one of the Grand Tourings. Did anyone out there have one of these sleds or know someone who did? Was there a problem with them? It seemed strange that Ski-doo didn't expand their use across the lineup?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Its about time they got smart with the controls.The REVs and I think all the ZX's have them for 2003.My freinds 99 GT 700 has them on the bars with a 5 position setting for the hot grips.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it's never bothered me where the controls are but i guess the oems all need to try another comfort edge.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul: Have you ever ridden an F chassis? My '95 MXZ 440 had the the switches were mounted on the hood by the gauges. To switch them, you had to lean forward over the bars. Not a brilliant design.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 98 Mach Z also came with the same controls. I believe they came initially came out on a Grand Touring in 97. I was suprised that Doo did not put them on the rest of the line-up in the following years (I asked my dealer why they didn't and he said apparenetly they were having some problems with them - mine have been trouble free...knock on wood). The 98 Mach Z was also supposed to come with the digital gauge like the Grand Touring and REV but come production time Doo changed there mind (I spring checked my 98 Mach Z which is how I know this).

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I agree with you paul. When I had my Doo's I didnt mind having the controls below the bars......It looked less clutered and were easy for me to find at any speed. Off the subject the new cats have the dimmer switch built into the brake lever I can imagine what kind of problems that will bring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts