Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a set of 45* hooks for my 1994 indy 500 classic. The thing is i have heated grips that slip on over the bars and at the end of the bars they are a closed rubber ends. If i cut them off cleanly with a razor blade will it wreak anything? Also what do you have to do to install these? is it hard or relativly easy? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
No sweat, just cut off the end of the grip and the hook slides neatly inside the bar. I started with metal hooks, but they act like a big heat sink and take a lot of heat out of the grips. I initially thought my handwarmers weren't working. I then went to plastic hooks and my heaters work much better.

Most hook designs have a sliding wedge system that you tighten with an allen wrench. Easy installation. I had problems with not being able to tighten them enough to keep them from rotating in the bar. I used epoxy when I set them the last time and they are working great. Only problem now is if I want to take them off for some reason I will probably end up destroying them getting them off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sweat, just cut off the end of the grip and the hook slides neatly inside the bar. I started with metal hooks, but they act like a big heat sink and take a lot of heat out of the grips. I initially thought my handwarmers weren't working. I then went to plastic hooks and my heaters work much better.

Most hook designs have a sliding wedge system that you tighten with an allen wrench. Easy installation. I had problems with not being able to tighten them enough to keep them from rotating in the bar. I used epoxy when I set them the last time and they are working great. Only problem now is if I want to take them off for some reason I will probably end up destroying them getting them off.[/b]

Thanks man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts