Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'4", and am looking at getting a riser kit. Am leaning to Sportech's articulating model...tilts as well as raises. I believe the 2" kit will not require any cable mods for my '01 ZR800. Would appreciate any comments, good or bad if you got 'em.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Come on guys and gals need some info here ???

I'm 6'4" too and am looking at geting at kit. Specially when the girlfriend rides on the back....I can't keep the handle bars out of my knees :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
i like my power madd riser ive got.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am also looking at Sportech's Handle Bar Riser. I think the the ROX system may be impler yet maybe weaker, but I can't say for sure. I also can't decide if a gut would need to change bars? What do you think? Would the stock 2000 ZR bars with the Sportech riser look "Red-Green"?

I am toying with the idea of making my own version of the Sportech riser at my work. If I decide to, I may have a set to share (always make more then you need).

Maxwell

·
Registered
959 Posts
wow we have alot of 6'4" people here i am too!! and i am looking at a sportec riser a 3 incher im planning on takin out the spedo and tac anyway less weight then and im gonna put on a mountain bar( so you can hold on when i get her up vertical! :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
same here i have an isovibe and really like it,very nice product :p

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You guys are short :D

I am 6'5 hehe

Can I put risers on my 95 STX? :devil: ???

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would go with the Sport tech they look a little stronger than the Rox Risers. Just my opinion. The Iso Vibe is what I wanted to go with last year, but I ended up making my own because of the price. At 6'5" is a 2" rise going to be enough?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I added a set of PowerMadds to my doo, and I love them. It made it easier to stand up, and my arms don't feel as tired. The only thing that I noticed was that the throttle cable only adjust a small amount. So if you decide to get a set 3 inches or higher, make sure that you have enough cable adjustment. PowerMadd does make a set of cable extensions for about $40.

just my .02

FZ700

W

·
0 Posts
I am 6'5" also. My sled came stock with 4" risers and I would not go any lower. Much easier on the back during long rides any any kind of stand up riding. The only problem with risers is if you have a short windshield you should get some sort of hand protection. I was ever thinking of going higher this year(ape hangers) but I did not want to have to extend my cables. Just my opinion though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are looking for a smaller riser without cable interferance Powermadd makes cool riser kits. I am 6'2" and only need that extra inch on my REV when standing for the big jumps. Bought the 1" inch riser kit from Powermadd. $15, not bad.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by FZ700@Oct 24 2002, 11:19 PM
I added a set of PowerMadds to my doo, and I love them. It made it easier to stand up, and my arms don't feel as tired. The only thing that I noticed was that the throttle cable only adjust a small amount. So if you decide to get a set 3 inches or higher, make sure that you have enough cable adjustment. PowerMadd does make a set of cable extensions for about $40.

just my .02

FZ700
fz700, i did manage to get a 3" riser in w/ no mods to the bars or cables.

·
Registered
745 Posts
sledcrazy, I think it depends on the make of sleds. My cables would only take a 3 inch riser, the 4 inch would not work on mine.
check out handlebar riser problem by rippin440zx in the general. He will have to extend the wiring and brake line.

FZ700

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have thought about them on my 200 SXR700. I just trail ride but ride fairly aggressively and do some cruising. I am 5'10" and thought about it for 2 reasons. First comfort, second for when standing is necessary. Any thoughts from people that have used them?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I also have an 01 zr 800 that I want to put a two inch riser on.Will the cables be long enough?I'm 6'3 and I could use a riser too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZR800, from the info I've gathered so far, we should be OK w/2 inches. But the best thing to do is unbolt your handlebars now and see how far you can lift them before the cables stop you. It's better to do that now, than after you've purchased the risers. If you can lift your bars at least 2 inches, then you know you're OK.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made my own handlebar riser for my indy. The cables were long enough and it is at just the right height. I used a piece of 2 inch square tubing and drilled four holes. Easy as counting 1, 2, 3. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts