Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new engine in my MXZ 700 and man is it hard to pull over in the mornings, alot of compression. It seems harder now than it was with my first engine!  I have to use two arms to pull when cold, is anyone elses this stiff, all my buddys said the same thing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
how cold is cold, My 800 twin is no joy to pull over at -30 c, I think all the twins are bad for this. My 800 triple is easy to pull all the time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
jwheeler - I had the same problem with my ThunderCat.  I could barely move it when I tried to pull it over.  Arctic Cat makes a heater that I installed and I plug it in for 20 minutes before take-off and it pulls over like it is the middle of summer.  I am sure Ski-Doo has something similar.  Or I am sure you could use the A/C one.  It was about 55 bucks Cdn.

Trust me - it will save you a LOT of grief.

Scott/Thundercatzr

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup skidoo has a block heater.  If you have trouble pulling it over in the cold its worth getting it.  Just ask your closest skidoo dealer for one.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
just get into the gym! At least you know that no little guy is going to steal your sled!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mine used to do the same thing.  Now that it has a new crank it pulls over easy.  HMMM, maybe that is why it is a junk sled. Just learn how to be able to start it on the first pull.  Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey do a compression test, to see if its indeed the improved compression.
If high, then do a squish on the cylinders, you may want to go with a thicker base gasket,
changes the port timing, will help with starts(lowers the comp) run a little cooler also.
more top end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts