Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 99 ZR and most of the time my girlfriend rides on the back. There’s barely any foot room back there. Has anyone made a footrest?

What does everyone suggest? Does CAT make one for my sled?

Also how about a backrest? Are they cheap and available for the 99 ZR chassis?

Thanks to all in advance ???

·
Registered
81 Posts
You could check if any of the ones from the Cat touring sleds wil fit. I have a CK-3 Mach Z and the ones for the Grand Touring bolted right on (after I drilled four holes in my running boards that is!). They can easily be removed and reinstalled for solo runs (the same goes with a two up seat).

·
Registered
168 Posts
I aml;ooking at seatjacks for the kids but everybody says they will support an adult. The foot rests look just like a wedge you could probably make it out of wood and then glue emery paper to it so that they are not slippery.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can modify the footrests for the touring sleds. They took the footrests of my Grand Touring when I added a M-10 because new bolts were in the way. The footrests are molded plastic, so I just took a saw and cut out a spot for the bolts. Wood would work also, but be sure to put something on for grip. Maybe cut up one of those aftermarket grips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts