Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone from here make it to the Hastings snow show?
It was a beautiful day, I haven't been there for about 6 years and what a change it was! The place was filled with just about anything you could imajine! The swap meet was quite large and the grass drags were a big hit.
IMO, Hastings is real close to the size of the Novi show but without the hassel of Novi. What I mean is, getting in to park was a breeze and free unlike Novi. The crowds were big like Novi but with it being outside with 40' wide isles it was no problem getting around.
Where else can you go for $10.00 bucks, see a swap meet, grass drags, free parking and be out in the great out doors? Not Novi!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Where and when was this show might be too far for this canuck but I may check it out next year :sleeping:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was yesterday 10-12-02. Runs Friday-Sunday [second weekend every year]. It's located 43 miles southwest of Lansing Michigan. Quite a little drive for you Canucks! :hallo3:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thanks Mikadoo, yeah it would be good drive

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Hastings show was bigger than ever. I think Jimmy said there was 18,000 paying visitors Saturday! The racing was great, too. A lot of people from other ciruits were there (Parquette, Vincent, Duncan, Marchbank, Iantomossi, etc). PSGDRA put on a great race and Jimmy built a fast track.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hastings was awesome! First time there and was real impressed. Even picked up a covered trailer for cheap. The swap meet was cool, lots of vendor tents and the drags were a big attraction. Definately pumped me up for winter. Let it snow!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I didn't get to make it. Maybe next year. (It seems like I say that every year) lol
Oh well.
???

·
Registered
668 Posts
We go every year. This year i sold and purchased a sled in the swap meet! made out pretty good! Also, got the wife a Doo-modular helmet for $230 bran new in the box.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I saw one vendor selling the modulars for $350 and another selling them for $190. I ddint look at them closely (personally think they're ugly) but hopefully there are diffrent models to go with such a diffrence in price.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did anyone notice the percision skis for sale? Man, they were selling like hotcakes! I seen prices from $300.00 to $425.00, I talked my buddy into buying a pair. I bought a pair this spring for $300.00 hope their as good as everyone say's.......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok fella's.. I didn't get too many guys coming up to my booth saying.. Hey.. Oh well.. shy people every where.

The show was great and thanks to all the guys that stopped and purchased a video. It's greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hastings is getting bigger and better each year, there not in the class of haydays size wise, but they have come a long ways.
While novi probably has a few more venders, I think we may see the day when hastings out draws them! I hope so.... that would be good for MSA and Novi is just getting to crowded, pay to park, it's a hard show to take in.

We also heard from a vender who was at haydays as we were, that due to the new offsite parking (it was a disaster) many of the venders were reporting sales drops of 40% or more compared to other years!

Saw some great buys at hastings on sleds and clothes!

DooZ... ??? ???

·
Registered
512 Posts
I know this is kinda late.. But I was there saturday. If any one stopped by in the swap meet and saw some one trying to sell some old john deers and a rupp.. I was there most of the time. By buddy was trying to get ride of them. No buyers though. If any one in S.E. Michigan is interested.. He still has them.. But it was my first time. It was pretty cool. The grass drags where awsome. Fun seeing the new sleds out there racing. Lots of Raves and FireCats.. I even saw a RX1 go down the track!! I will deffenitly be back next year!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts