Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of ya'll had a shock shaft snap? I am just wondering, because last year it happend to me about 10 miles from home after a 100plus mile trip. I was just riding along and i got to a rough whoop like section in VT and i started to pick up some speed about 35-45mph, and i was like skiming over the tops of them and all of a sudden i herd something crack, so i stoped looked under my sled and saw all oil on my track(shock oil), and saw half my shalf, hanging from the i hock, so when i walked back about 100 feet i found the body only and everything else was missing(the guts). So i just ordered a new one, but i was just wondering has urs ever broke?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Never had that happen to me. I have had shock parts break before, but never the actual shaft. My rear suspension shaft is 2" diameter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
never herd of that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yikes

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya i lost the center cross bar with the center shock right out the back of my skid! it took me about an hour to find all the parts. rode about 60 miles without center shock!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
i saw my buddies 2000 zrt, front shock rear susp. upper mount busted right off, we could'nt figure out why either :( , just too much torque from these big cats :hallo1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts