Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys have heard about
a light weight Mach coming for 2004? A buddy told me he
heard a rumor about a triple cylinder summit but I was thinking more likely a new mach,he also gets a little flyer
from Polaris that he says claim to have anew line of light
weight triples coming in 2004,have you heard anything?

Grey Goat

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Rumors,some true some....................

Don't count on it greygoat.As much as we all would like the triples to power our machines,I think all it is,is a rumor  

Maybe just maybe it will happen
but I doubt it  

·
Registered
176 Posts
why do the sled maker believe the tripple is dead 7 of the guy`s I ride with all love and ride the tripples... hope they make a come back.  jeff in nh

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
while riding up around cochrane a friend of mine claims he came across some dooheads from the company with a triple mounted in the rev chassis.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A light(er) Mach Z would rock! My friends call mine "the iron pig" for a good reason

However I won't have the money for it anyway... I really feel the need to buy some summer toys

Also they stopped selling the Mach Z in Sweden after the millenium model, so I'd have to import it myself even if I could actually afford it

The only lighter part I have now is MXZ skis, anyone got any tips on how to make it lighter in the front? Or is it just the engine that takes all the weight?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nico,
Aftermarket pipes and can could save you some weight. Potentially 10 pounds or more. Hope that helps.
                  Ryan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It kinda makes you wonder whats going to happen,I think the
twin fad is just about done.Sure they make awesome power but as you start increasing the cubes and horsepower the reliability falls short.Some of the guys around here are switching to yami because they can get decent power and not to much weight penalty excellent handling, and best of all reliability.I think yami knows they can make more reliable horsepower with three holes instead of two so they stay where their at and just improve as they go.I really like the triples but have a hard time leaving the Bombi camp,the twins are light and have decent power but I think the reliability is slipping.Hopefully bombi see's thi and is working on a light weight triple.
                          Grey goat

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for the tip Ryan, I just checked FAST's site, and see that I would save around 20-30 lbs with their Trident pipes.

Anyone got any experience with these pipes, and any idea how much performance the sled would gain?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts