Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking ... this weakend im going asphalt racing. no i was thinkinh of putting some dry ice under my cab where my air box usualy sits to see if i can cool the air going in and just leave the stock jets in........what u think?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
 You might want to test that before you get to the track, but hey it could work.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work...but you might want to think about all that CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) going into the air box....they put CO2 in fire extinguishers....just something to think about when you want a good hot burn  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Machz69, where do you go drag racing in the Timmins area? on the highway to Driftwood?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont think it would work Mach69.

For the reason rocketman stated and for the fact that you probably need more then just a few block of dry ice to cool the amount of air flowing by at full throttle.  I wouldnt even show up to the track with out proper jetting.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Mach69 - You will be suprised man that if you run decent jetting in the winter that you should be very close now. We have yet to touch the carbs on the ZRT, other than 1/4 turn in on the air screws. Run what you have been for awhile. Also, in the winter, you are lucky to see temp change 5-8 deg. We went from 86deg down to 67 on the last past the last time out. Even with the big change, baramator only changed from 27.5 to 27.7 the whole time we were there. It is almost a different animal running 1/4 WFO with a burnout.

·
Registered
171 Posts
given that CO2 is a natural fire-suppressant (product of combustion), I would be concerned about increasing the amount of this gas entering the engine.  the net result may be a drop in performance as this gas will not assist in the combustion process.  I beleive that CO2 is present in an amount of about 0.3% in the air so any increase in that would likely displace other gases (ie. oxygen) that are needed to ensure a full burn.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maybe dry ice to cool the fuel or a inclosed  air  passageway almost like a intercooler, but I would be concerned about consistantcy as I`m sure your bracket racing.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup these are all things i have thought about but after i had mentioned it a fiew times i did run into a guy that i know has won some prttey good size grass drags and he smiled and said now u know my secret...hehehe. he said he put dry ice in the air box and leaves all stock winter jetting and he says the sled runs like it is -40* so i was going to give it a shot but we got rained out..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts