Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have started your sleds already??? Just cruious to see if any one is that excited yet. Me, I just havent had the chance. I'm awaiting the signal from mother nature. :D Later

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Sure have when I was polishing it last week and at the bbq to add the fine smell of 2-stroke amsoil smoke to the party :) :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oh yea, actually fire it up about once a month. Due again in another week or so. Last time, wash and wax, few laps around the yard. Can smell the change in the air :thumbsup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Two weeks ago i put my new running boards on and while i had it out i made a couple of passes in our yard i would of done more but it was starting to run out of gas.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Before I can start mine, I need to tear it completely apart, clean up the frozen parts, hoping that I won't just end up replacing the entire engine. Then I get to reassemble, replace NUMEROUS age deteriorated plastic parts, and then maybe it'll start. :(

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Not yet, but as soon as the weather stops being so beautiful, I'm going to start working on her.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by LadyK@Sep 28 2002, 09:37 PM
Sell one of those mercedes and buy yourself a new ride wolfman :) :)
Nah, I'll keep both of the MBs. I haven't touched my machine as it is just too damn hot in the summer to even think about going outside. I'm also going to wait and see what finally does happen with the NPS rules and snowmobiles. I'll base my final decision on what I buy once I know for sure where I'm going to be able to ride it.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'll go to the gas station and get a couple gallons of gas for the sleds, then i'll start them. when i do start them it will be a ride straight down to the gas pumps and a ride with what time is available that day.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Most definately. About every month or so. I need my 2 stroke fix!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I had mine running just a few hours ago when I was working on putting stickers and stuff on my new hood. I first started it about a month ago when I first got the engine reinstalled and everything hooked up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I store my sled with all the reg gas removed and then I put about 2gal of vp red(race fuel) race fuel has a very good shelf life. Then I just start them at least once a month. :D

·
1,327 Posts
Yep,

I spent yesterday afternoon installing a RacePak EGT Gauge and then decide to to some late season airation of the lawn.

Just moved into a new house so the lawn needed to be christened.

The neighbours think I'm nuts.

The smart @$$ next door says "Great snowmobiling weather isn't it?"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts