1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I can't wait to saturday.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Weather.com says mostly sunny, 88 Saturday and mostly sunny, 90 on Sunday.  Too hot, but better than getting wet.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Anyone else getting excited?  In about 4 1/2 hours I'm outta here to run home and pack and I'm on my way!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hahaha pack, its about 15 minutes from where I'm at  
 Makes for a easy commute!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was just over there checking things out.  Things are pretty wet.  There's a lake where some of the food stands used to be.  The track was still closed due to some extra drying time.  Parking could be very interesting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well what a day it was at the meet.  I went down Lexington and try to sneak in the back way.  Big mistake.  Was stuck at a light and could not head in  and was stuck in traffic for 20 min so I decided to go up 35W N and try the other gate (all around 9 am) and found that north bound was backed up at least 2 miles from the ramp and then tried to go at it from Forest Lake south bound off 35 W  and ended up going a whopping 1 mile in 35 min.    

This is my second Hayday, and I love all that is a part of it except the traffic.     It is a night mare and I think that they should just provide free parking in some area near the swap meet and increase ticket prices for gate admission by $2 each to get people into the meet ASAP.  I am use to an hour drive each way to work here in the cities but come on, 2 hours to get into an event is way the #### to long even if you have been planning to go for over a year to the next one.

All in all it was a great sunny day for racing and deals. Got me some paddle grabbers, a new triton trailer, jacket and some other goodies.  It had to be the hottest day of the summer coming on Sept 7th, (at least 91 degrees and high hum levels) which is crazy, and with all vendors running out of water early  made for a long day.  

I took the wife and thought she was going down for the count at least 2 times cause no one had much of anything for use to drink at the stands.  This kid made at least $5-$10 on us as we just sat there gulping down his kool-aid.  The little kid made more money then Enron or Microsoft in a given day due to the demand.

Anyway, if anyone else went hope you had fun and if you could not make it, start planning for next year cause it is worth everything good and bad that is called Haydays!
Cheers -

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
did they have a lot of mototrs and the like for sale,?  had been thinking of going down, but the 5 hr drive may be a killer,  is the traffic kind of like going into the state fair?.g

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Where is this Haydays Thing??  Seems like it could be pretty cool.  Down here in canada, we get lotsa snow, but don't have many things like that in my area anyways.  It would be interesting to go to something like that..

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Haydays kicked butt!  It was my first time there.  Took me 90 minutes to get from my grandmother's apartment to the front gate (that's 8 miles) Saturday morning.  I'm glad I got going early (9:45).

·
Registered
272 Posts
I left so I got there at 8.30 - drove right in with 30MPH traffic. I'm very happy I went there when I did!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts