Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I bought an OEM ski-doo 1" track for 245 dollars and I did not even need it.  I thought it was to good of deal to pass.   I also picked up a complete pair of USI PX301's including new 8" carbides for 250 dollars.  Never put them on the sled because I like the dual runners a lot.  What kind of hot deals have some of you others got?  I plan of going the 7th for sure and possibly the 8th too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Haydays is the best for swap meets...... We gotten shocks cheap, mufflers for $15.00, oem ski's for $25.00, an almost new SC 10 for $275.00.  new S.S. studs with backers for a buck a piece,  and I don't know how many clutch springs, helix's etc.  
Buyer be ware!!, you do need to know what the value of stuff is... you can easily pay to much as well, but usually stuff is priced to move. If you have a part your shopping for, know what the cost of a new one is, and judge the sellers condition and value from there. A rough guide is "used should be roughly  1/2 the value of new."... If its a rare part, obviously its going to cost more.  The swap meet is probably a couple miles in length if you walk every aisle, walk slow, you can easily miss a great deal...Good Luck... DooZ

·
Registered
268 Posts
When and where is HayDays. Those aree good deals even with the Canadian exchange rate.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I live in lower michigan and would love to go to haydays but it is just to far away

If we could get enough guys together, is there someone who knows of a way of getting there hands on a bus or some kind of a tour package deal??

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You could help a racer from Michigan, like for example Bill Cudney. He would probably find a way to pile you in with his sleds. LOL

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
We have been going for 5 years know and it takes us about 6 hours to get there. The only thing I can say is if you plan on going and are going to stay for the weekend you better get your rooms booked now. There is no camping allowed in the parking lot. I don't think I am going to make it this year because the cash flow in my house just is not there this year for me to go.

Unless some of the member want to start a SNORAT needs to go to Haydays fund. He77 if thing don't turn around here soon there won't be a sled in the garage this year for SNORAT.

Money probs this year have been a pain in the (_I_) this year.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I live in Ann Arbor and I may be interested in going with some guys. If any one lives around me or on the way lets see what we can do. I have a comfy car that will have new Monroe struts by then and a great stereo!
And good gas milage.
Caleb   [email protected]

·
Registered
268 Posts
If the machines are ready will they be racing production '03 sleds. Love to see the new F7 against a REV 800. ZR900 against RX1. 600's and 500's. Wacked out mods.
Oh yeah!

Could be worth the flight or drive.

·
Registered
757 Posts
There are advantages to living in Minnesota.  HeyDays is one of them.  For a sledhead, it's heaven.  It's about a 20 minute drive for me to get there.  Been there every year since 1991 and spent many $$ on "good" deals.  Purchased alot of clothing, helmets, and parts VERY cheap.  One thing I've noticed over the last 3-4 years though is the "great" deals are getting harder to find.  Maybe due to the increased size and popularity.  Alot of it is being in the right place at the right time.  For those who've never been there, imagine yourself walking all day long and looking at nothing but sleds.  A person has to work to see everything in one day and still find time to watch some racing.  It's the first thing that gets circled on my calander each year.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I used to live 15 minutes from the site, but now I moved up Nort so it's 2hrs 45 mins instead.
Whoever asked about location/info, go to haydays.com!

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's a long drive to get there... about 10 hours to get around the  end of lake mich. from west mich where we are.  Its well worth the drive if you havn't been. The Mich. Novi show (which most people think is huge)  is relatively small by comparison.
It's kind of the official start to the season for our group.... we are making out our shopping lists...... The racing is always good, all the factory teams are there...... We collect autographed posters  from the racers every year for the ole garage wall, I have some back to 95.
It's located on the northeast corner of minneapolis about 15 to 20 minutes north of the airport, and the mall of america.

We took the wives one year and dumped them in the mall of america while we guys went to haydays, now that was one expensive weekend! Anyways go to the snobarons snowmobile club web site for a map and all the info.
Good Luck DooZ.............

·
Registered
138 Posts
The way I normally do it is 4 guys pack in to a truck and leave EARLY Friday morning. We stay in the same room. Saves BIG bucks if you split everything even. NO we don't share beds! We leave to come home Mid Day Sunday or Late Sunday once (locked keys in truck
). Drive straight home, take turns driving home.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Anyone in Mich, I wil go if I have somone to go with. Could take the Ski Doo Ram. If I go, it will most likely be thru the UP, or possibly the ferry at Ludington. I am willing to drive, just would like to split the gas with someone. Take a tent and find a campground.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i read on the internet newsgroups that people were really dissapointed after trying to attend last years show.

problems with securing your vendor site, traffic jams to the show and long line ups to enter.  i guess the event is very popular and needs some better production management.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's located on the northeast corner of minneapolis about 15 to 20 minutes north of the airport, and the mall of america.[/b][/quote]

It's the NW corner, not NE.  And it's really more like 35-40 minutes from the airport/mall.  You were close tho.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Try packing 50,000 people with their vehicles into a farm field and you WILL have traffic problems and long lines (if you're there when the gates open).  They do a pretty good job at trying to keep traffic moving and the lines to a minimum but it's pretty unavoidable sometimes.  It's all part of the week-end.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wow N-W corner of Minn. That's just to far for me  

Maybe I should just move to Minn.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Not NW corner of Minnesota!  NW corner of the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area!  

But you should move here anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts