Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a green 'Cat headlight cover on my sled and boy do the Velcro dots stand out and look ugly!! It really takes away from the "clean" look of the sled. Anyone got any ideas on how to attach it without the Velcro? I want something that can still be removed for night riding.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Go to Walmart and get some white or other colored velcro

Seriously :sly:

The white won't be as noticeable as the black :hallo1:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freezerburnt--the velcro that came on it is white--do you know if they make a clear velcro? if so I might try that in small strips around the perimeter of the cover unless someone else comes up with a better suggestion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you hear any good ideas, about the covers let me know would you please bleeding green? I have an f7 sabrecat, and i thought the same thing about the covers. I'm going to an autoglass place to see what they have :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have any of you out there ridden with the cover left on at night? I know it isn't the most legal thing to do but does the green cover reduce the power of the light that much? I was thinking of using clear silicone to stick it on that way if I had to take it off (like if the po-po didn't like my headlight cover) I wouldn't damage the light or the cover. Keep the ideas coming please--I appreciate everyone's input!
-BLEEDIN' :devil:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I put a green cover on my sled and left it on at night once. It's not bad if you're following or by yourself (which is not advisable), but if someone behind you doesn't have a cover you're always lookin at your own shadow.

I like seein the green coming at me at night, that way I know its a cat. I bought a cover for my wifes sled too and now the shadowing problem has went away.

I don't like the velcro either, but it still looks cool...

·
Registered
516 Posts
LOL i have a headlight cover on my sled and yes those darn velcro dots bug me too at least when the light is on uurrrr looks like crap. I do like the cover though.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
To Ontario riders,
I know for a fact that the OPP/local coppers have written at least some tickets for improper headlight to those using headlight covers last season. The officer explained that the law states a snowmobile must have a "white light" on the front of a sled and that any device that alters the color of the light is illegal.
I haven't looked it up but did however witness two A/C riders with covers receive paperwork for using them during daylight hours.
The covers look cool and I would like to have one on my sled but passed given the hassle attatched to their use.
Does anyone know for sure how the law is written pertaining to headlights?

Rick..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZR Sled Head---It says right in the paperwork that came with the cover that you will have to check with your local laws to find out if it is legal for daytime/nighttime usage. I wish I could help you with the laws in your area but I'm a little further south than you are. :D I went to Wal-Mart as was suggested and bought a 3/4"x18" strip of self adhering Velcro (white in color) and I'm gonna rip it into 3 strips 1/4"x18" and cut it down and piece it on around the outside of the cover. It should hold on and hopefully be less noticable. I'll keep ya posted and maybe see if I can get a picture posted on this thread if I was succesful.
--Bleedin' :devil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts