Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with headlight covers, are they legal or illegal, or is just the complete black ones illegal??

i like the look of the black ones but if their illegal im not going to bother, maybe just a yellow one that still lets light threw, or just leave it.

any answers would be great

·
Registered
593 Posts
there was a thread about this a while ago. Some strong opinions. Basically do you want to be seen by other sledders? In the twisties through the trees, at night, on the lake. A bright headlight makes you much more visable. Some covers are illegal like red and black, for obvious reasons. I think i like the look of xenon bulbs with the bright whitish colour better than a cover anyways and they make it easier to be seen.
my .02

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey did you get a new sled?? its nice

·
Registered
593 Posts
hey did you get a new sled?? its nice[/b]
Yeah I did. Thanks. End of season deals, couldn't resist.

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
As I understand it, in Michigan any form of a headlight cover is not allowed regardless of the color. I thought about getting a yellow lens for my Z570 LX but after reading Michigan rules on this, decided against it.
Richard

Attachments

·
10,054 Posts
Michigan has had them illegal for at least a couple of years now,,,, I really like mine, kinda make the sled look like a bug sitting there, but then when I fire it up, I pull them and then take space in my windshield bag to drag them along with me,,,, doesnt make a lot of sense does it???

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was in the western UP this past year...... Riding in Bessemer, well around that area, and I had my green lens cover on....... Passed a DNR on the side of the trail..... Not three miles later, he had me pulled over..... No ticket, he just confiscated my cover, and let us be...... Guess I learned the hard way.... Green didn't really make two much of a difference in the lighting, and it did look cool..... I do understand the safety aspect of banning lens covers, but then again, in the daytime when riding threw the woods, you cant see headlights coming at you<<<<<<<<<<<<< Even with the covers on, you can still have a fair warning that you need to get over for a sled......

Unless your with :withstupid:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts