Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been throught 4 bulbs so far and still cant find problem, i have a 1981 4500 citation any help would be appreteated.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Rectifier (voltage regulator) sound as if it is putting too much voltage to the lighting circuit. If you have a volt/ohm meter, check the voltage at the bulb connection. It should be between 12 and 14.5 volts AC.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If the sled had or has electric start the sled must have the battery in place. A friend of mine bought the exact same sled for ice fishing and had the same problem. After buying several bulbs a local dealer finally clued him in that the battery has to be in place to regulate the current flow that is being generated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If the sled had or has electric start the sled must have the battery in place. A friend of mine bought the exact same sled for ice fishing and had the same problem. After buying several bulbs a local dealer finally clued him in that the battery has to be in place to regulate the current flow that is being generated.[/b]
DITTO!! I had an old Everest that was the same way.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Make sure all ground wires are attached, tight and clean as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys sorry it took so long to replie i just go back from camp last night. well thanks for the replies, ill check with ohm meter, and yes i have electric start but no batterie in her yet, an ill check ground wires, make sure their all tight.ps/ theirs a box with 3 wire yellow,green,and a bigger red leed wire thats sitting near the belly pan looks like that bigger red wire should connect to the battery, not sure what that box is for anyone have any ideas. i dont have a manuel so im kinda just guessing here from past experiences. my first electric start...an thanks again....

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
hi guys sorry it took so long to replie i just go back from camp last night. well thanks for the replies, ill check with ohm meter, and yes i have electric start but no batterie in her yet, an ill check ground wires, make sure their all tight.ps/ theirs a box with 3 wire yellow,green,and a bigger red leed wire thats sitting near the belly pan looks like that bigger red wire should connect to the battery, not sure what that box is for anyone have any ideas. i dont have a manuel so im kinda just guessing here from past experiences. my first electric start...an thanks again....[/b]
I'm sure its the battery now, who ever had the sled in the past probably wasn't concerned about the lights and just used the sled during the day.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Also make sure when you're putting in the new bulbs not to touch the lenses. That will reduce headlight life.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for all your input ill let you know how things turn out , and thanks again. ps / and yes i will keep my paws off th bulb lol....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts