Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 700mxz 2000 and was wondering if you can put a brighter bulb in also how to make the hadle bar warmers hotter?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Most bulbs that claim to be brighter,also draw more current,which in turn will take away from your alredy useless hand warmers. I had a 00 MXZ 500.and the hand warmers sucked. I dont know if it is possible to install a higher output stator,check with your dealer.

If you want to try a diff. headlight bulbs, go wiyth the PIAA super whites. I put them on my 700 and oh man,they rock.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Try some 'cool blues' by Sylvania. You can get them at most auto parts stores for about 8-$10.00. They have the same wattage as stock but 30% brighter. You really cant see much farther ahead, just lights the area up MUCH better. Take two idendical sleds parked side by side at any RPM and the stock lights look brown and weak.
The hand warmers, power more power! This would also be a good one to write Doo about like we are about keeping the triple alive. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey,

I have a buddy with a 99 FZ670 and we are putting a PIAA extreme white bulb in it, because frankly the stock headlight stinx. I have done a lot of research on this to try to get the best option possible, and this PIAA uses 60/55w like stock but through the use of special filaments and xenon gas its output is rated at 135/125w. If you see bulbs with different temp ratings like 4000k (kelvin) or 5000k this does not refer to the bulbs brightness, rather its color, 4000k or so is in the pure white range and 5000k is bluer like a welding arc which is closer to actual sunlight. DO NOT go higher on wattage like an 80 or 100 watt bulb, this will stress your already overworked stator and the extra heat can damage your wiring especially with cheap bulbs. The drawback to this PIAA was that it cost $33.00 each but it will be here in a few days, and I plan to take comparison pictures so I will post on it again by next weekend or so because we bought the bulbs mail order and we are waiting for them. IM me if you dont see me post and I will be sure I share the results.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I was looking it the package the Sylvania Cool Blue bulb comes in part # 9003 CB 60/55 watt, xenon filled, but see nothing about temp's. The price for these are $12.00 not $10.00 as I posted earlyer.
In my F-chassi I used to run 80/100 watt [single light] with no problems and know guys with same sled running 100/120 with no problems, so far.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have Sylvania sliver stars in the wifes car which are one step above the cool blues, they are stock in wattage for my application and they are 4200k but are not comparatively rated so I dont know if they have a higher output than stock. They are very precise and the lighted area is evenly lighted, definetly better than stock.....now the bad part, they dont make them in H4/9003.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts