Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Vernon Downs this past weekend to watch Snocross.....It was a Yamaha event and they had the RX-1 there. Pretty sweet looking and sounding machine!! Sounds very similiar to the R-1 motorcycle...sounds alot better than what you hear on the website!

Here's vincent playing around!!

Anyway here are a few pics:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm geeked about the two RX-1 Er Limiteds(Liquid Silver) that I've snow checked. But I've definetly been thinking of cancelling one order for the F-cat 700efi. What a call to have to make. If I take delivery of both RX-1s I'll install the AD Bovian Expert-X rear suspension on one of them. I hope those wimpy looking steering spindals can take the abuse I'll be dishing out on them.  
caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
MightyRX-1,
  I'm buying two RX-1s @8950 each which has made everyone think I'm nuts. But seriously, I think cat is going to kick ass with these new firecats.I beat the #### out of everything I ride period. But I could never abuse one like racers do. I would expect some breakage/bending of running boards with repeatded hard landings from any brand. Cat has clutching,motors, tracks, and definetly suspensions down to a science. Polaris and Ski-doo have both had breakage and bending problems in the past. But I'm definetly going to have atleast one of the RX-1 ER Limiteds that I s-checked, probably both. Which model did you order?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I ordered a Blue ER for $8,480.00 Out the door here in Lansing.  I somewhat agree with your views except cats durability.  I know too many guys that have had engine problems and a few have had welds break in the rear suspensions. Which is the #1 reason I ordered the RX-1, that marvelous engine.  Sure, it might not beat my 99 machZ, but I'm sure it will suffice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Feb. 13, 2002, 11:26pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm geeked about the two RX-1 Er Limiteds(Liquid Silver) that I've snow checked. But I've definetly been thinking of cancelling one order for the F-cat 700efi. What a call to have to make. If I take delivery of both RX-1s I'll install the AD Bovian Expert-X rear suspension on one of them. I hope those wimpy looking steering spindals can take the abuse I'll be dishing out on them.  
caleb[/b][/quote]
As far as the spindles go...the ones on Vincent's sled are stock....the whole sled is STOCK!!!!! So I'd say just by watching what he was doing on it that the front end will be strong enough, as long as you don't hit and trees with them

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
RadGuy,
Vincent was out there for some hot laps, not to race. I will be doing 50% of my riding in fields,through trails we have in woods, local ditches,etc. Stuff thats hard on suspensions. My concern is how long the spindals are from the bottom arm to the ski mount. I know they will be using new casting/forging methods we all must wonder the true level of abuse they will take. I'm expecting to replace several arms do to my ditch banging style. I accept this. But if the spindal area keeps being the area of damage then I'll be making some calls. And yes cats have had engine failures.But look at how many are sold and cat doesn't hide these things 99% of the time. How many T-cat cranks in 95 or 96 did they replace? Alot!!

I love sleds period any make and most models,m all have there place and problems. It's how we as consumers are treated by the manufacturers that matters.
Just my 3cents worth

Caleb

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Feb. 14, 2002, 5:23pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RadGuy,
Vincent was out there for some hot laps, not to race. I will be doing 50% of my riding in fields,through trails we have in woods, local ditches,etc. Stuff thats hard on suspensions. My concern is how long the spindals are from the bottom arm to the ski mount. I know they will be using new casting/forging methods we all must wonder the true level of abuse they will take. I'm expecting to replace several arms do to my ditch banging style. I accept this. But if the spindal area keeps being the area of damage then I'll be making some calls. And yes cats have had engine failures.But look at how many are sold and cat doesn't hide these things 99% of the time. How many T-cat cranks in 95 or 96 did they replace? Alot!!

I love sleds period any make and most models,m all have there place and problems. It's how we as consumers are treated by the manufacturers that matters.
Just my 3cents worth

Caleb[/b][/quote]
Actually they had a practice run about 4:00pm and that's when he took it out!! But beleive me he was beating the sh*t out of it! He had another sled to race I believe it was an sxr.

I hear you about the rods!! Hear is a pic of him that shows the rods pretty well. It seems as though they are pretty high up off of the ground!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts