Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a SLP can on my 900 Fusion and was wondering if I need to use a heat wrap on it or not? Anyone know :huh:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have an HO, but thinkI know what you're getting at. I keep looking at that plastic chaincase cover, thinking it would take about 1/2 hour to fab a heat shield for it. Just a sheet of aluminum with some longer cover bolts and stand offs between the sheet and the chaincase. FWIW

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Rick made shields for our sleds to keep the heat off our coolant bottles and oil tanks due to excessive heat from the cans

Here is what Rick did Mike.

Shouldn't be too hard to fab one up Mike.

[attachment=40292:100_1061.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Jackfrost I think I mentioned to you that I had made an insulating blanket from automotive insulation double wrapped with aluminum foil. Well after 2400 miles, I lost my chain case oil this week

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
SnoKing - did you have the metal reinforcement installed? Or wasn't your model affected with that? Did you catch it before the chain went into meltdown mode?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Never got the reinforcement. Actually I didn't have any chain problem. Put 112 miles on. parked the sled that night. Next morning when everyone went out they didn't notice anything. I stayed in and so did the sled. At 10:00.am. I went into the garage and there was chaincase oil all over the floor.

Dr. has me grounded because of an infection in my leg so I haven't been able to work on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think its a great idea! my buddies fusion with stock exhaust is starting to melt the body side cover plastic slightly. i used thermo tech header wrap on my jeep header and it works sweet. you could almost touch it while its running. shut it off for about a minute and you can touch it. no more leaving your skin on the header when changing the oil or plugs.
underhood temps will drop drastically!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Even with the chaincase support i would still wrap the chaincase cover for added protection. YOu could be miles away from any help and loose you oil so i would take the precaution to ensure trouble free riding.

Are you putting the whole exhaust on? Many people have stated that the slp can only takes power away unless you have the whole exhuast. This may be due to better back pressure from the stock can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts