Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this yet? i would like to know where u mounted it....and which plug in the wiring does it hook up to? thanks for the help

·
Registered
387 Posts
there is a 12v switched accessory connection just under the "choke switch" open the right side panel, look up, under the "choke" switch, it is just sitting there waiting for you to use it? :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You mean to say that it's all wired and ready to go?

Would I be able to run my GPS and a heated shield on it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw the connector that u are talking about viper, but it is not the same size as the heatshield wiring connector...is there an adapter or something??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Open the left side panel, connector it taped to the pyrmidail ( spelling) frame a few inches ahead of the blank spot on the cowl, ( across from the choke). This is where Doo recomends it be mounted.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by 03REVX6@Nov 17 2002, 08:46 PM
Open the left side panel, connector it taped to the pyrmidail ( spelling) frame a few inches ahead of the blank spot on the cowl, ( across from the choke). This is where Doo recomends it be mounted.
:withstupid: Mine was zip tied up in there on the left side as well hard to find but it is there.And for fun take a look at how much fun it will be should you ever need to change a headlight bulb. I changed mine the other day. Not something you will do on the trail. ;)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Does Ski-Doo have a proper cover plate for the dash for the accessory outlet? Perhaps something they sell in their accessories catalog?

About the headlight: I want to replace the stock bulb with one of those "super white" bulbs. I guess I will soon find out what kind of chore it is :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hear ya Muskoka.doo, I swapped out my bulbs with higher watt units and it wasn't until AFTER I twisted my wrist in mny ways not ment to be that I noticed if you undoo the adjuster you can pivot the headlight unit to make life easier!

Duh! :withstupid:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got the dealer to install mine for the whole $24 bucks (CDN) it cost me. They installed the plug in the small spot right across from the choke (there is a place made for it). The kit also comes with a plug cover.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am going to do the same thing myself. If it's that affordable, I may as well do it and start using my GPS more.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would be cautious about using your GPS from that powersupply. From what I know, its an AC type current and its not very clean so you might want to check it out before using a GPS on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts