Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a helmet through bombardier. Do the heated visors run off AC or DC or doesn't it really matter. The wiring instructions don't say anything. I have it wired into AC right now but I haven't used it yet. Will this work or will i damage something??

·
Registered
373 Posts
I found for some strange reason my heated visor would only work after I installed the ski-doo visor plug kit, it must have a diode or something in it for use with the ac charging system.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mine is wired into the dc side.I believe when you tap into the ac side you kill the headlight.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have mine hooked up to the connector under the seat going to the tail light. I don't know if it is AC or DC there, but it works. You could also hook it up to the unused connector at the base of the handlebars on the right side. I think it is for powering the beeper if you have reverse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The kit Bombardier makes has always been the way I have done it although it costs about $20. The sleds have an unused plug from the factory to plug the kit into, no splicing or guessing. You can get it from a dealer or Bombardierdirect.com

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just installed the kit from skidoo on my mxz600. I used the unused plug by the handle bars. Real easy to do. The only question I had was the ground wire. It says to take and put it over the the plug and put it trought the dash and tighten with the plastic nut. Just doest seem like a very good ground to me. I havent tried it yet, hope it works.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed the bombardier part a few days ago and it was pretty straight forward. I used the plug near the oil res on the right side (I didn't see one under the handle bars). Checked the voltage and it works (AC)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts