Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the AC part number of the heavy-duty rear springs that will fit my '00 ZR? The suspension on the highest/firmest setting is not firm enough (still bottoms out too much for me). Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:thumbsup: 1604-194 and 1604-195 are the cat #s for the 98 sno pro springs which seem to bee the most popular swap for stiffer ones

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The '98 suspension is different, though. I was told by Brown's Leisure World that the correct numbers are 1604-076 & 1604-077.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i think the 194 and 195 are the heavy ones for models 2000 or newer

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea what the rating is on the springs that Brown's Leisure World gave me the number for?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Don't know what the part number is but I got the heavier springs in my 00zr also. It made a huge difference. If I make it down to the dealer this weekend I will see if they remeber what they put in mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There maybe another solution, the performance manual states " if the ride is to soft, moving the rear arm back one hole in the rails will stiffen the ride". Or I have heavier springs listed as P/N1604-076 and1604-077. Be aware that you may have to change valving in the rear shocks and go with heavier springs on the front as well.

Good luck. Let us know what you did and how it worked!

Maxwell

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the Performance Manual says that -076 and -077 are the right springs, I will take their word for it.

I have to get the shock rebuilt anyway, so I was going to get it built a little stiffer. I may just change the position of the rear swing arm first and see if that helps. It's the cheapest solution :)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I tried moving the swing arm back and it ended up being just alot of work for nothing. Plus you loose some of your clearence if you are ever in deep snow. I would just go with the heavier springs and not worry about it. The way I understand it they basically set everything up on mine like a limeted edition.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're probably right about the springs... it might not be worth the fooling around for the sake of $100 and the time required to replace them. I have to take the skid out to get the shock rebuilt anyway, so I will probably just replace the springs then.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Talk to you dealer. It was a know problem in 00 that the springs were to light. My dealer covered both the parts and labor costs. Don't know if they would cover anything now but its always worth a try.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had the same problems with my 00' zr 500 bottoming out all the time so I installed heavier springs and revalved the rear skid shock last year. The part #'s are 1604-076 and 1604-077 for the springs. This setup improved the rear suspension 100% and is almost neccesary for anyone who likes to ride aggressive. I think the new springs cost $35 each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts