Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed the heel clicker clutch kits.  I see they advertise lots of track HP numbers but do they improve your clutching that much or is it all talk.  I can get them for $280 Canadian to fit my Polaris is that a fair price.  What do they sell for across the border.  Do they have a website?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Heel Clickers worked for my sled and other sleds of the same brand. (i'm a Cat guy).  
I do have to say that I personally do not have experience with heel clickers on a Polaris.
(You will be looking at a $300.00 U.S.A. price tag.). Not to mention that the clutching system is not a true bolt on item.
It does require machining to your primary clutch and time spent tuning the system.
The 3 bills U.S. does not include that.
Perhaps you could look into tweaking what you have?
I don't want to deter you from purchsing the product, but unless you are willing to really get involved with the whole aspect of clutching you may better spend the $'s elsewhere in the system.
(www.supertorquer.com)
Good Luck

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Moved....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a Redline performance clutch kit for my XC800 it came with the Healclicker primary, helix and secondary spring. $289. american. I put a set of twin pipes on and the set up they gave me was a little heavy, I was getting crushed by stock XC 800's. I'm sure this kit will work with a little messing around. I ended up taking out the weights and putting in a set 1 gram heavier than stock after that I could pull 3-4 sled lengths off the line on stock 800's. Top end was about even. The Heal Clickers definetly need to be tuned in, but I'm thinking of selling this kit and getting just a regular clutch kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts