Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
A buddy of mine put them in his 800 renegade 01, and a 97 mach z, both had wicked gains. Both in low end and mid range. I say do it, alittle set up is in order, but nothing more than any other kit.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
:) I tested them in my MXZ 700 and loved them. I don't have the 700 anymore, and I will be selling them on the Swapmeet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have installed the heel clicker kit for a tra (trade ramps and levers for ramp-levers) on a couple of mxz 800's. You pretty much ruin the drive clutch. It is a pain to cut out the clearence holes in the side and impossible to get it perfect. It took WAY longer to install than what they said and the setup they gave wasn't even close.
But, once we tuned it in it worked good. The biggest gains are low-end to mid-range.
You can achieve the same performance from a properly tuned tra, although most will say the tra is less consistent and more finicky. So a good alternative is to buy a comet clutch and buy the heel clicker kit for it. You don't wreck the tra that way. You could also get a Polaris clutch and have it tapered to match your crank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It doesn't wreck the TRA. It just leaves some holes.

My buddy ditched them in favor of some Mag arms last year and put over 3000 miles on his TRA with the Heelclicker holes in it with no ill effects.

The jury is still out on whether he prefered the HC's over the mag arms. He said it's probably a toss up on a mountain sled.

·
Registered
361 Posts
machz69, I think, that since you decided to keep your sled for the winter, you should leave the clutching the way it was last year, as it was plenty quick and fast. Also, if you decide to put a 1 1/4" track this winter, you'll be very hard to catch in 1000'.
Just my opinion!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought I saw an article for newer heel clickers that don't need the TRA to be cut for clearance

·
Registered
361 Posts
machz69, I already sold my 1.25" (9818) to my buddy with the XC 800. I now have the 136" version, the 9819 (1.25") and a rail extension kit from Royal Distributing. I should be able to start on my sled at the end of next month, as I still have lots to do before then. If you don't have a 1.25" track yet, you could call up Gilles at Georges Garage and see what he has. Very good prices I hear !
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone had the balance on the primary clutch checked after you machined out the slots to make room for the shoulders on the ramps?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts