Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Ski-Doo modular helment I was wondering if any body has used these and how they worked I bought it at the snow show in Novi and can't wait for snow.
Doing the dooooo!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
This will be the third season with mine. Love it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
The only known problem I have heard of, there is a plastic snap that attaches the inner face mask to the helmet which can break easily in cold weather. In fact, it is so common, that they were on back order with ski-doo for like 6 months. They are not particularly expensive though, only about $9 (U.S.) for a set of two. Most dealerships should stock them (if they can keep they in stock). My buddy just picked up a set the other day.

Other than that, he loves his. I used to be a fan of traditional helmets, but once I tried a motocross style with goggles, I will NEVER go back to anything else! What a difference! Plus, I wear presciption glasses, so I purchased a set of the Pro-Vue prescription goggles, they are awesome!

Have a good one!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of seasons and have no complaints while wearing it.Broke the face shield when it fell on the basement floor ??? .That's about the only bad thing,it's expensive and some of the plastic parts aren't very rugged. :(

·
Registered
624 Posts
As some of you may know already, I've reentered the sport after a 29 year nap. I bought a HJC "Air-5" as I want a true full face helmet for protection. Has anyone tried one of these? I Doo wear glasses, and it seems to vent all my breath out the vents on the chinbar. The removeable facemask seems a good snug fit. SWRules

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like mine :) I had an HJC Modular Helmet but the face mask was not as secure or very durabul. I like my Bomby MOD alot better. :inlove:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts