Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a best way to prevent "fog" from building up on the inside shield of the helmet. What about an anti-fog spray? Do any work better than others? Glasses also seem to "fog". Help with any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yankee361, If you want to stop your eye glasses from fogging the only fool proff way that I have found is a NO-FOG face mask, maybe a little pain to put on and take off, but it works!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've heard that people with glasses like SkiDoo's modular helmet as well

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I agree with mr670,with one exception motocross helmet and goggles will work best.I have glasses and the mod does nothing to prevent them from fogging up.the moisture from my breate comes right up behind the mask and fogs my glasses,I have tried everything to prevent this with my modular with no success.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I wear glasses and have the doo modular helmet, it's the way to go. If that's out of your price range a mask such as this will work, but is kind of a pain.

Dooman: if your glasses are fogging with the mod. there must be something not sealing on yours, mine has no breath inside the hemet it all exits outside. I always also make sure I use those absorbant pads otherwise the mask gets too mush water in it.

Attachments

·
4,440 Posts
:withstupid: are you calling me a liar or what?

·
Registered
678 Posts
No, I just don't have that problem, nor do any of my friends with mod. helmets. maybe yours has some sort of defect or something. Or maybe your particular psysiology won't allow you to get a tight seal on the mask. :)

·
4,440 Posts
I give an un biased opinion and it is factual as are all my posts.it was the I'm with stupid sign that got me.ask anyone who has ridden with me and they will tell you I wear contacts now ,after spending 300 bucks for this miracle helmet,I would hate for another to do the same.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Actually, that was for rocetman's post, you just type faster than me! :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
I did have one friend that had to cut his mask around the nose to get it to fit on his face, once he did that he had a good seal.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only way I stopped massive fogging was to buy the "No Fog" mask that is pictured. The mask flat out works. I also use a no fog spray to help. Between the two I have no more problems. The spray itself will not work though. It just takes an extra 30 seconds to fog the glasses instead of 2 seconds. Buy the mask!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wear glasses and i've tried using my motocross helmet and goggles, but they still fogged up. I even tried it with a anti-fogging coating, still would fog up. Bought a ski-doo modular helmet, never had a problem after that. One of the best investments I made.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Lasik eye surgery($2600)!!!!!!!! No-fog($35.00)
I went for the surgery, costs more, but I will never have to wear glasses again 20/20!!

FZ700

·
Registered
678 Posts
I used to always use the no-fog mask until I got my mod. helmet. I worked really well, but it would get soaked and ice up and you have to take your helmet and glasses off to put it on or take it off. The mask on my mod. stays warm enough that it doesn't ice up, and I bring a few extra absorbant pads so I don't have to put the wet one back on after stops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
there is only one solution to your fogging problem and that is PRO-VUE goggles with motocross helmet. I have used them for 12 years with great SUCCESS! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I had to add this to all you 4 eyed sledders. My dad wears this helmet now because he had nothing but problems since I started sledding in 68. The very best solution and I have tried them all is buy a Skidoo modular and get throw away contacts. You will regret all the time in the past you did not have this setup. Fifty bucks gets you enough contacts for the whole season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts