Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wondered if snowcross helmets are warm, i couldn't imagine wearing my dirtbike helmet in the winter with the little mouth thing. Think I should get one of those and wear it for dirtbiking to next summer of a full faced helmet?? how about fogging do the goggles fog up at all?

Ben SWRules

·
Registered
959 Posts
the sno-x helmet i have is warm for when i use it and the goggles dont fog as long as you get good ones if you get the cheap ones that only have 1 lens then they will fog you have to get 2 lens goggles and go with a good brand like uvex or scott or oakley i have 3 pairs and i love em all and use them all for dif things i have never had a problem with my sno-x hemlet being cold but i only wear it when its 30-32 out and im gonna be ditch riding other wise i wear my full face hjc helmet it depends what you are gonna be doing and what temps you ride in if its always cold and you drive fast the wind wil get cold on your face my .02

danny

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I've had a touch of frostbite on more than one occasion but still love the open face helmet. I wear it all the time in all temps but when it gets colder you have to make sure the belaclava covers the skin. I have a pair or Okley O frames with yellow,gold tint and they never fog. One other thing that is a plus is the visor on the open face......good sun protection.

·
Registered
310 Posts
my CLX4 gets cold sometime if its cold out and the air is blowing in my face, but ill put my balaclava on if it gets cold.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ive ridden at -30c with my snocross helmet,i always wear a good balaclava,and i have "oakley A frames"these are their top of the line goggles and they dont fog up,when i do the 200-300 mile 80 mph high speed trail riding trip ill wear my modular,the snocross has to much wind noise for the long full high speed trips

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love my snowcross helmet too.. like everyone else sead.. a balaclava and a good pair of anti fog goggles are what is necessary to complete the getup. I was thinking of buying a pair of smith goggles, they come with what they call a 1/4 mask, a little thing that clips on the bottom of the goggles and covers your nose.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my hjc snowcross came with the nose shield that has velcro on it and just sticks to the liner of the helmet,works great

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am considering getting a snowcross helmet this year also... looking at the SkiDoo version in Black and Silver... anybody have this helmet? What other brands would you recommend? Just purchased Smith Snow Warp Airflow goggles with yellow tint and clear for night riding... was thinking about the half mask attachment too... anyone have this set-up... opinions?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think everything's been covered. I use a HJC CLXsnow with Smith or Scott (double lens) goggles and a balaclava. The only air I get is in the temple area. My goggles never fog. When the temps are sub-zero I usually use my full-face though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Everyone I ride with wears the MX style with goggles and we all love them. One of my buddies though has problem with fogging because he sweats standing still, imagine how much he sweats when he's thrashing!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have a ski doo snow cross and love it. Best investment in clothing in a long time.

It is light, and I feel warmer with the goggles on. I don't even where a baclava that much either.

One time in Canada it did get cold (like 0 deg F) and I started to get cold between the helmet and goggles. Just a little duct tape and problem solved.

Get good goggles. The best I have found are the Scott dual lens. I even have some Oakley, and like the Scott Better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts