Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wear Glasses, and haven't snowmobiled for a long time. I bought this helmet as It appeared to have a good design, and thought it would be effective in reducing, or hopefully eliminating fogging.

Can anyone answer my question?

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's a pretty good helmet, my wife wears hers with sun glasses, but the heated shield is a must to keep it from fogging.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is this the modular helmet? I have a bombardier, and I think it is manufactured my HJC (not sure). Anyway, if it is like mine it will perform excellently and not need a heat sheild to keep fog off the glasses. Make sure the breath guard is seated properly.

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's not a modular, it's just a regular full face snow helmet.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a LS Air 3 and have no problems (I don't wear glasses). I have a buddy who wears glasses and he swears buy the moto cross type helmets with the goggles. He never had a problem with it being cold last year but I hear they are a little cool on those -25 rides.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
An electric sheild will help to keep the helmet itself clear but will do little/nothing to help with regards to your glasses fogging. Do yourself a favor and get contacts for sledding, its less hassle and much safer.
Worked for me,
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nothing will be better than contacts. I've tried many things, masks, breath deflectors, diff. helmets, and even a snorkel type think, but you just can't beat contacts and an electric shield. My contacts have never fogged. :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by BLADEGUY@Nov 23 2002, 07:37 AM
Is this the modular helmet? I have a bombardier, and I think it is manufactured my HJC (not sure).
Bombardier's modular helmers are made by Lazer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts