Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding my 440 MXZX.   I was testing it on the lake the other day and noticed the motor was pulsating at around 8300-8600 rpms.  If I backed off the throttle, it would actually pull a bit more than WO.  It almost acts as though there is a rev limiter but it doesn't seem so pronounced.  My top speed was 73 on the GPS.

I did a plug check and found that they were running good.  (switched plugs also)  Fuel looked good.  Adjusted the floats just to make sure.  Stock jetting running in 40 degree temps.

My clutches were all cleaned prior to testing.  My secondary was shifting out but my primary was about 1.25-1.5 inches from full shift.  I am running 293x ramps, 250-380 spring, tested with several weights from 10.7 gram pins to 16.3 gram pins.  Secondary running Dalton 44-40, Beige spring, B-6.  I also ran 296 ramps with 10 gram pins and 230-350 primary with similar secondary settings with same results.

Any suggestions???  CDI? Coil??  Wires???

·
Registered
171 Posts
Usually the problem you describe is an indication of the main jet being to rich. It can also be caused by a main jet being to lean, if you have run long distances and not burned down than you should check for being to rich.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The 98 zx`s had a problem with a slight intake leak around the reeds that would give you the same symptoms,theres a red non drying permatex type sealer that should be used in that area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,  I should have thought of those ideas.  It really helps to have more than one brain problem solving.

I will have to check my pump, fuel lines and vaccum lines...   I wouldn't doubt the problem will be here.

I will also check out my intake area for possible leaks.  

Thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts