Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to lay some serious cash down on an 01 711 Sno Pro that looks new. I am pretty sure it's setup for the trail. How are these things for the trail. Anything I should know. Are there any cooling issues. Anyone know what the cylinder compression should be? I hope to check that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought one for racing. I know they make an awsome race sled, and bet it would be a real blast on the trails. I have to run a high octane fule in it though. Does it run on pump fule? I know I have to get new inserts if I wanted to run pump fule in it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I know we are talking about two different Manufacturers, but we had a 640 Hooper in a Sno Pro that was supposed to be for the trail. The sled would run with anyone who wanted to run, that is for about 700 or 800 miles, then Grenaded. In my opinion, if you want a safe (reliable) faster sled, buy a stock one that is larger than the one you ride now, and clutch the crap out of it!!!! Good luck! SWRules

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have D.D. powered 711 efi.I have roughly 4500 trail and race miles on the set up.It is a blast to smoke stock and warmed over 800`s I have 144 one inch saber wart hogs (not enough),walh brothers lite weight disc hub,shaft,axle and bottom gear.The bottom end 100 percent stock ,this runs into a fat d.d. single pipe and factory can for the sleeper approch.With 500 decals and all ,the miles per gallon has jumped 13-15 can. if you can keep your thumb out of it long enough .This is 700 cat should built 3 years ago for all I done is rings every 2000 miles clutch springs every 1000 polaris weights every 800 (as the bushings wear out).It takes off at 5700 rpm in trail form (my choose) These was the best aftermarket item i every bought..The D.D. set is nothing short of awesome for there is not too many things you can buy that will put smile on your face as you look back time after time from beating someone that needs too be taught a lesson about putting up or shutting up !!! I cann`t weight too line against the RX-1 anchors,down here we call it Cape Breton stock........

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would stay away from Black Tragic stuff.I have never heard anything good about them.Poor customer service & parts that are listed to fit your sled but dont.Team Arctic has not ties with them anymore either because with there bad dealings.

Go with either D&D or Speedwerx in the new chassis or get a D&D in a 01 chassis.I know a guy selling 1 of 20 A/C built mods with a D&D motor for 5,500 in a 01 chassis.Thats a awsome sled also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by 02SnoPro@Oct 13 2002, 09:04 AM
I would stay away from Black Tragic stuff.I have never heard anything good about them.Poor customer service & parts that are listed to fit your sled but dont.Team Arctic has not ties with them anymore either because with there bad dealings.

Go with either D&D or Speedwerx in the new chassis or get a D&D in a 01 chassis.I know a guy selling 1 of 20 A/C built mods with a D&D motor for 5,500 in a 01 chassis.Thats a awsome sled also.
OK, get it straight, the YELLOW HOOD AND THE STICKER THAT SAYS MXZ ON THE SIDE, MEANS THE ALL THE BLACK MAGIC PARTS WILL NOT FIT, Black magic is awsome, I have never heard anything bad, and if you own a CAT they can make it go faster. not saying that D & D is a bad company, but they do not even come close, i have see 711 magic motor walk away from many build D&D and Speedwerx sleds. :withstupid: :hallo5:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I dont know what your smoking but Black Tragic sucks.None of the top pros use there crap in Snow-X anymore.Plus did you see last years Hill-X, Chris Burandts D&D Mod pulled on everything.D&D & Speedwerx are the best period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts