Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive asked a few questions about this but i have yet to figure it out and it seems to be getting worse and not really rideable. I have/think i have, rich symptoms but im not sure ill try to explain them and hopefully someone can give me some insite on it because we just got over 2ft. of snow and i want to ride...bad. alright when i start it it will idle high then come down to normal then if it sits for like more than 5 minutes idling itll drop down to like 500rpm and sound like its going to die. then when i get on and ride it around it sounds really loaded up and has no power it wont go over 65 mph. also itll when i get into deeper snow it fouls plugs and blows black smoke which it didnt ever really do before on packed trails. it sounds like it has a major miss in the motor even with brand new plugs. thanks in advance for ideas/input. :confused:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The motor isn't really designed to sit there and idle for 5 minutes after warming up like a car might. It'll load up with unburnt fuel just like you describe. Most of the time, they'll clear themselves out after a few minutes of riding when that happens.

I would try ANOTHER fresh set of plugs, only this time, be ready to go as soon as it's willing to take the gas smoothly, maybe cool it for the first 1/2 mile or so to let everything warm up (including the track and drive belt).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you were right i guess its a cold blooded lady with this change in weather, i did kiddy laps around my lawn for about ten minutes and ran some sea foam through it and its running 10x better the only problem it seems to have is if i put it to the bar it seems to bog quite a bit but all the way up to 3/4 it runs like a champ. thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
make sure all your exaust system is not leaking that can cause it to to suck warm exhaust which it will make the motor boggy. also make sure the muffler is sealed around the donut in the pan, when riding in powder if that is not sealed the exhaust tends to travel up into under the hood causing the motor to bog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts