Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a 2005 50th Anniversary Fusion 900 this week and I was wondering if those with experience on this could let me know what service/safety bulletins I should make sure my dealer makes. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
'05 Fusions have been known to be a little "problematic", so:
1. Hope you've done your homework on that machine, researched the potential known issues with it.
2. Hope you're buying it from a dealer that's small enough to give a darn about what they're selling, and has sold enough of them where their staff know what they are doing with them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my best friend i ride with has had one since they came out. i was in the shop for warrany work 7 or 8 times. all minor recall stuff. most of these will be taken care of by the dealer during final assembly. the biggest stuff is recalled motor mounts, change of electric start system. they were known to eat belts, motor mounts are supposed to fix this.

i have ridden his alot and its is sweet! people complain about its vibration, after a few seconds you dont even feel it. its kinda like riding a quad, very hi in the saddle. fells tippy but its not?? takes some getting used to. but lots of fun!! pretty quick, but not as fast as i expected. suspension is nice lands on a cloud after a jump! i think you will enjoy it.

we just checked out my friends for the season, it has 1943 miles hyfax look almost new. factory belt was just swapped out for a new one, didnt need to be. track was still a tight.
it has fouled one plug in its life. electric start works sometimes?? its a tough one to pull over on a cold morning. local dealer in michigan is selling new 05 900's for $4990.00
good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I got the 50th Anniversary new for $5700 and the dealer assures me the service bulletins they are doing will fix all the negative feedback from the first ones out. It's amazing how many opinions you get now that there is some miles on the early ones. All in all from what I have read, once the service bulletins are done the sled rocks but I guess I will see. I am picking it up Friday.

my best friend i ride with has had one since they came out. i was in the shop for warrany work 7 or 8 times. all minor recall stuff. most of these will be taken care of by the dealer during final assembly. the biggest stuff is recalled motor mounts, change of electric start system. they were known to eat belts, motor mounts are supposed to fix this.

i have ridden his alot and its is sweet! people complain about its vibration, after a few seconds you dont even feel it. its kinda like riding a quad, very hi in the saddle. fells tippy but its not?? takes some getting used to. but lots of fun!! pretty quick, but not as fast as i expected. suspension is nice lands on a cloud after a jump! i think you will enjoy it.

we just checked out my friends for the season, it has 1943 miles hyfax look almost new. factory belt was just swapped out for a new one, didnt need to be. track was still a tight.
it has fouled one plug in its life. electric start works sometimes?? its a tough one to pull over on a cold morning. local dealer in michigan is selling new 05 900's for $4990.00
good luck[/b]

·
Registered
2 Posts
trust me!! you will LOVE this sled. i just bought on a few weeks ago and it is the #1 in my books.
dont listen to all the bad B.S. people have to tell ya, it is mostly AC guys that are afraid of the 900's that have never ridden them in their entire life that have all the negitave things to say aobut this sled.

here is what i go by, "there is 2 things i will never let a person borrow. that is my Fusion and my girlfriend, and in that order!"

·
Registered
114 Posts
You'll like this sled a lot. You won't like the negative press and drop of resale value but the sled is a performer. I've had my sled since March of 05 so i have been through it all. I feel that motor mounts were only a problem with the sleds that had a lot of miles on them before the updated motor mount was issued. I put 168 miles on my sled before that recall and my mounts looked good when i pulled my motor this past summer.

I have only changed my belt once in 2000 miles due to the poorly made belt (1111) that was given to us by polaris. Polaris gave us another upgraded belt last year too (1115) but i don't use it because i never really had a belt blowing problem so i use the 1080 belt.

Ditch the stock air box because it is restrictive and doesn't allow much air flow around the clutches. I have a timbersled intake but you will also find SLP (one on ebay right now), fire N ice, dubbs, and timbersled. All will make the sled more responsive and allow air flow around the clutches.

You want to vent the sled too. Many of the above companies make hot air elimination kits which will maintain better belt life.

Clutching: A good base would be to just drop the stock TEAM helix and put in a TEAM 420719 helix. You will have better acceleration, top end, and better belt life.

I have also geared my sled down a tooth on top.

Make sure the dealer runs the VIN to make sure all updates have be performed. The latest recall came out this past summer and it is for a chaincase support. Make sure you get this one because the plastic chaincase cover has been known to warp causing the lube to leak out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
$5700 is a bit steep

once updates are all done it is a decent sled

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You'll like this sled a lot. You won't like the negative press and drop of resale value but the sled is a performer. I've had my sled since March of 05 so i have been through it all. I feel that motor mounts were only a problem with the sleds that had a lot of miles on them before the updated motor mount was issued. I put 168 miles on my sled before that recall and my mounts looked good when i pulled my motor this past summer.

I have only changed my belt once in 2000 miles due to the poorly made belt (1111) that was given to us by polaris. Polaris gave us another upgraded belt last year too (1115) but i don't use it because i never really had a belt blowing problem so i use the 1080 belt.

Ditch the stock air box because it is restrictive and doesn't allow much air flow around the clutches. I have a timbersled intake but you will also find SLP (one on ebay right now), fire N ice, dubbs, and timbersled. All will make the sled more responsive and allow air flow around the clutches.

You want to vent the sled too. Many of the above companies make hot air elimination kits which will maintain better belt life.

Clutching: A good base would be to just drop the stock TEAM helix and put in a TEAM 420719 helix. You will have better acceleration, top end, and better belt life.

I have also geared my sled down a tooth on top.

Make sure the dealer runs the VIN to make sure all updates have be performed. The latest recall came out this past summer and it is for a chaincase support. Make sure you get this one because the plastic chaincase cover has been known to warp causing the lube to leak out.[/b]

Everything he said is true :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts