Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to adjust the idle on my 2007 Arctic Cat Z570LX so the rpm's are just a bit higher. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? It just seems to me the idle is too low and the engine may stop running.

TKS

Richard

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOT FAMILIAR WITH YOUR SLED BUT i WILL TRY. IF YOUR CARBS ARE MONTED TOGETHER THERE IS A SINGLE ADJUSTMENT (sorry caps lock ) screw accessable from the top if you have seperate carbs there is a screw on the left side of each either way turn the screw in to raise idle speed . Mark[/b]
I have twin carbs and will try that this evening. Thanks.

richard

·
Registered
980 Posts
It has VM carbs (round slides) so look for the brass screw with a spring on the side of the carb. it will be in line with the middle of the slide, right at the bottom of it. When you look on the online microfische it will be called the Throttle Stop Screw, no. 6 in the illustration.

·
10,054 Posts
as you adjust them Richard, adjust both of them the same amount and turn your screw clockwise,,,,, but turn each screw a VERY VERY VERY little bit at a time, try it and if you need more, the turn it a little more.
I just dont want to see you give it 1 full rotation on each screw and then start the sled and watch it take off out of your garage, across the street, and into the ocean,,,, you thought you had newspaper coverage the first time,,, You will have EVERYONE in Floridas attention if your chasing you sled across the beach with no rider LOL

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that is great to see an actual breakdown of the carb. I'll print out and use for the adjusting.

Thank you.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
as you adjust them Richard, adjust both of them the same amount and turn your screw clockwise,,,,, but turn each screw a VERY VERY VERY little bit at a time, try it and if you need more, the turn it a little more.
I just dont want to see you give it 1 full rotation on each screw and then start the sled and watch it take off out of your garage, across the street, and into the ocean,,,, you thought you had newspaper coverage the first time,,, You will have EVERYONE in Floridas attention if your chasing you sled across the beach with no rider LOL[/b]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just dont want to see you give it 1 full rotation on each screw and then start the sled and watch it take off out of your garage, across the street, and into the ocean,,,, you thought you had newspaper coverage the first time,,, You will have EVERYONE in Floridas attention if your chasing you sled across the beach with no rider LOL[/b]
Now wouldn't that be sight to see !!! :lmao: :lmao:

·
10,054 Posts
I can see the video cameras now,,, Richard chasing that 570 across the street, through the neighbors yard, and then right out onto the beach!!! Not kewl at all, but funny as heck!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Now you know why they put in a throttle safety switch. :eek:hmy: It is there just to prevent embarrassment on the beaches of Florida. :rolleyes:

Richard. That image came from Brown's Leisure World. Brown's
Always a good bookmark to have.

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It worked out just fine. I was able to adjust the idle up just a bit so it does not sound like it is going to die. To be on the safe side I kept the track off the ground while adjusting and then dropped it down for final testing. Works great.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts