Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I'm riding a 95 VMax 600 that's in pretty rough shape, but I got for free. Last season I alternated between a 94 ZR700 and a 94 XLT 600.. I ride mostly trails, with some lake riding and ditches\fields thrown in.. I want to buy a used sled for next year, and I've done some research, but I figured one of the better ways to figure it out is to ask people who own or may have owned the ones I'm deciding between.. I'd also be open to different suggestions, so help me out. Keep in mind my budget is under 2 thousand.. I know thats not much but it's what I have, I figure if I look carefully I will be able to find something to last me a few seasons for this price

Here's what I am looking at currently, and why...

Polaris wedge chassis... I rode the 600 triple half of last season, and I liked it. Quick, seemed to ride nice, but my only complaint was the suspension.. I weigh 225, maybe it needed to be tweaked a bit for someone my size, or maybe it would be better to swap in the 10 or 12 suspension? How big of a difference is it from stock to those two swapped suspensions? Are these sleds fairly reliable?

mid 90s ZRs.. I loved the power and sound of the ZR700 I rode, but it seemed like it was kinda heavy.. I was also looking at the Powder Special models, what are the differences between those and the regular ones? I kinda like the spot for a gas can, but what are the other differences?

Mid 90s Vmaxs.. I like these sleds, they seem decently quick, real reliable, but again, the suspension seems kinda soft. I also am kinda iffy about the looks, theyre not very aggressive looking, although I could ignore that if they perform well. Perhaps I just need to tweak it a bit for my weight, not sure. Also I see that there is an XTC model, what is the difference between that and a regular Vmax.. Can a VMax be modded to be fairly quick? Is that TSS suspension up front a bad thing, or is it ok? Also, I see some VMax4s for decent prices, are they a decent trail sled? Prone to problems? All I've heard is that they're fast.

So out of these groups, what would you ride? What are your experiences with these sleds, or do you have other suggestions within the price range?

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.. Hoping for some decent responses.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should be able to find a good gen two Polaris, year 1999-2000 for around $2000. These were great machines. My brother in law had one that was awsome. It was a 600 but the 700 makes a great sled also, Reliable and fast and they handle great in the trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts