Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I painted the hood of my son's citation(field beater)..I used krylon plastic paint from Crappy tire(NOT recommended) and I had some major adhesion problems but I finally got it covered.. Got some cool looking decals from a place in Peterborough (autographics ltd) but to me it looks a little lacking in front of the ski-doo decal on the side..I was thinking a techno bee or somthing would look cool?..Any ideas?..

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
i think it looks cool for a younge fella to ride.i think you should put a pin strip on it.you can get a wide variety from crappy tire.and then just get a little creative with it,zig zag it curl it wahtever ya think looks the best.just don't stick it till ya got a pattern figued out.i know we painted our kids ski boose this year,and my wife found the right colour at crappy tire to match our tow sled.and she got it zig zaged excatly like the sled. it turned out awesome, and it looks like a pro did it.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
How old is your son? Does he have a preference? I prefer the muscle bee myself but I suppose your son would be the ulitmate Judge.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My son is only 9 so its not really critical...I do have some yellow pinstriping but I have never applied pinstriping before..My worry is that it would be difficult to do curved lines without it wrinkling?...Normally this wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't work out(just pull it back off) but because of the poor paint adhesion in spots I don't want to risk pulling the decals back off because it might lift the paint off with it...team wisz do you have any pics of what you did with the pinstripe?

·
Registered
252 Posts
my wife is braving the minus 40 temps and taking some pics now.the pinstripe we got from canadian tire and its a pretty close match to my indy colours.it was very wide and not easy to work with,but you can use a soapy water solution to make the striping slippery and you can move it around without it sticking.and dry it gently when its in place and use a credit card or something and very gently go over the stripe and squeegie the water out.let it dry and just use a hairdryer to make sure its stuck good.my wife had never striped anything before.she just laided it out and cut angles and fit it together.when she had it the way she wanted it she removed the backing and went to town.there are stripes acroos the hood and around the back but she was back in pretty quick as its very cold out lol.its pretty nasty outside but this should give you an idea anyway. ya gotta show us the finished product, we are dying to see how it turned out :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thank the wife for going out in the cold :thumbsup: I appreciate it..I'll take a look at Canadian tire and see what I can find..I'll defintely take some pics once its done whatever we decide to do..

·
Registered
657 Posts
Isn't it funny how when people aren't pleased with a product, they call it "Crappy Tire" however, if they're looking for something to make something else better, they then call it "Canadian Tire" (good example, read the posts above, lol). I do the same, but basically because I hear so many other people do it. It's weird, because if it is crappy, why do we keep going back? lol. I used to make fun of Walmart until a few years ago, when I realized almost all my receipts came from there. They built a new Walmart, and I didn't like it, and the stuff I bought is no longer carried at Walmart anyway. We now have a new Canadian Tire, it's better than our Walmart, and I no longer have to use Walmart. I will still call it "Crappy Tire" every now and then though, if I'm breaking conversation with someone who might not like it. Why is it, if it includes standard shopping, we look down on it? It's like, because you can buy a variety of stuff there, some of it has to be crap, so you call the entire store crap. But if it's a specialty store, you buy the exact same stuff, 3 times markup, and you praise it up because they don't sell some of the "crap" found in the larger stores.

I'm not dissing, I'm guilty. When I say "you" I mean in general terms, everybody, we all do. But I thought it was funny, and since it was mentioned in this thread I figured I'd bring it up here :D

Yeah, I'm a little crazy when the snow's melting... until I can get on motorcycle. But that season isn't about to start, and I've barely started snowmobiling. C'mon snow!!!

Oh yeah, you should come up with like, 5 bees, and get your son to pick one. That way, he feels part, and you know he won't dislike it. :)

I love Bombardier's bee theme. Polaris has their "Dragon" but they haven't marketed the images of dragons. Perhaps they don't want mixed culture graphics (dragon symbols commonly found in Chinese/Japanese/etc, already). But their sleds kinda are like dragons. They can be ferocious, they can be powerful, they can have a mind of their own, and sometimes they can run so hot they breath fire, lol. So Polaris should go further into the "dragon" than the simple line of "Dragon" sleds they produce. C'mon Polaris, you need to be a little more creative. You've successfully followed suit with Bombardier before, lol.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't trying to imply that I wasn't happy with Canadian Tire's products or even that particular brand of paint..It was probably my lack of prep on the hood and may not have been the best application for that paint..Just using a slang term like I might use Wally world for Walmart etc...Sorry If I offended anyone...As for my son's participation he picked all of the graphics so far as well as the paint colour despite me wanting a more "traditional" ski-doo colour...Just trying to find that one last detail to finish it off. :) I thought this warning label was neat

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
thats a good deal he is involved.he will definatly appreciate the sled more when its finished.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I wasn't trying to imply that I wasn't happy with Canadian Tire's products or even that particular brand of paint..It was probably my lack of prep on the hood and may not have been the best application for that paint..Just using a slang term like I might use Wally world for Walmart etc...Sorry If I offended anyone...As for my son's participation he picked all of the graphics so far as well as the paint colour despite me wanting a more "traditional" ski-doo colour...Just trying to find that one last detail to finish it off. :) I thought this warning label was neat[/b]
LoL. Nice sticker, I like that. Goes nice with one that says "Caution: Driver Swe Todd id" Don't use that though, lol. I was just thinking of a bumper sticker on a truck I saw one day that said "I'm we Todd id, Sofa King we Todd id". :D Don't mean to offend anyone, just thought it was funny. :) I think I may need the "Caution: Driver Swe Todd id" sticker for my sled, lol.

·
Registered
252 Posts
the best sled sticker i saw was at royal distributing.it read if you can read this please flip me over lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts