Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having the hardest time choosing from a 2 or 4 inch rise for my sled, i want the pivot style so it would be a 3.25 or 5.25 inch rise. im also getting new bars so that will set it up pretty high to. i dont want them so high that its uncomfortable when sitting.

can you guys help me with my decision by giving positive and negative points of each rise.

thank you, man i love this site :thumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i might be going to royal distributing this weekend, and im looking at the powermadd pivot riser system.

·
Registered
593 Posts
im having the hardest time choosing from a 2 or 4 inch rise for my sled, i want the pivot style so it would be a 3.25 or 5.25 inch rise. im also getting new bars so that will set it up pretty high to. i dont want them so high that its uncomfortable when sitting.

can you guys help me with my decision by giving positive and negative points of each rise.

thank you, man i love this site :thumbsup:[/b]
this is something you are going to have to figure out on your own. Its all about preference, style of riding and rider build. The best way to pick is to sit on the sled either with the bars unclamped or with imaginary bars and hold them at a comfortable height for you. If you are getting them for stand up riding then you could do the same but standing. Just visualize it and hope you come close. When I got bars for my Indy 500 I ended up with about a 4 inch rise and that was the highest I would want to go on an Indy chassis for the trails.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I agree with Dave 600.

Get on your sled the way you ride most (stand or sit). Close your eyes and put your hands behind your back, then go to grab the [imaginary] handlebars (still with eyes closed). Install a riser to get the handlebars to that height.

Risers are different for every person; some really tall guys don't want them while a shorter guy has a 10" riser. For me, at 5'7", the stock 4" works perfect.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wish i could do that, but my sled is up at my cottage, about a 2-2.5 hour drive

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How tall are you? That may allow us to help you decide.
Are you still interested in the 4" Riser and the Pivot Adapter I have.
I got it packaged up today and had planned to go to the post office tomorrow to see how much shipping will be. I don't want to do that if you're not buying them. Not trying to push you into anything, just don't want to waste our time if you're buying one on Saturday.

Let me know please.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will only buy some tomorrow if their on sale, but if their not i dont think i will buy the ones from royal, i will tell you if i got any on sunday or monday so dont go to the post office yet.
what are the items you packaged up??

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
OK, let me know.

Royal's flyer says "SAVE ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING!" So almost everything is on sale with the savings being the two sales taxes.
So you'll save 14% and pay full price since outside of the sale you'd pay full price plus the 14% sales tax. I would think that the riser parts would be included with that.

I am keeping the extended brake line and the extended throttle cable for now as I may need them for whatever I end up doing with my Gade. So go ahead and definitely get them if you want the 4" + 1 1/2" rise. If you go with the 2" + 1 1/2" rise you might get away without needing them.

I'll look for your PM on Monday then.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How tall are you? That may allow us to help you decide[/b]

i am about 6' or 6' 1"

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i am about 6' or 6' 1"[/b]

On the ZX chassis I would think that you would want the 4" + 1 1/2" combo.
Otherwise you'll be hunched over to stand up which defeats the purpose of installing a riser anyways. I'm 5' 9 1/2" and I had a 2" isovibe riser on it along with twisting the bars around at a stupid angle (That gave me another 1 1/2" to 2" rise.) and I still needed to hunch over somewhat to stand. Since you're 4" taller, I'd go with the combo above. You'll definitely need the Extension hose and cables that I mentioned earlier.

Jeff

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok great thanks

i guess it also depends on the bend height of the bars

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, now i want both. I got the 4 inch pivot risers for now, we will see about bars later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts