Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my dealer today regarding my ZR 800 C/C to see if he had it finished and to see what the problem was.I asked him why it was running so rich, to the point where it was spewing black out the exhaust. He said they did some tests and the servo motor which runs the exhaust valves wasn't working properly. Now , help me understand what this has to do with flooding on startup to the point where it won't start at all. Is there a sensor on there telling something something to something else that tells it to something? I'm lost, Help me!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
When the power valve doesnt work It should trigger the computer to go into limp mode thus your sled should barely run to get  you home......not flood out......and if  by chance a valve does screw up and the computer allows the engine to operate normally it can do a number of things. Quit dealing at your dealer snow monkey (nicks gas service) between thair incompotence and your bad luck you have almost bogged sw's server and have given cat alot of unnessesary bad publicity.
 Nicks is good if you want to buy a sled on the fly but dont expect any good service or help from them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bogged SW's server and given Cat alot of unneccesary bad publicity.!!!! What the #### !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
haha...take that SnowMonkey!
LOL....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
LOL  He told you cat, er monkey!

If your powervalves are jacked up, it can screw up several different things as sled-head said.  That would definitly explain some of your "dificulties".  As with all this new electric, computer crap in motors, if one thing goes wrong it causes a chain reaction in allot of other areas.

Now quit bogging down the server!
hehe

·
Registered
26 Posts
Snow Monkey. It is to bad that you are still having trouble with your sled. I cannot agree with the statment that your power valve servo was causing your hard starting. These servo do not operate on the 800 engine until you reach
6500 rpm. At that time the servo will turn and cause the valves to open fully. There is no half way operation unless the valve is stuck in the slid. There is no way that the ecu/ecm.
can tell if the valve are stuck. The ecu does not look at the servo to see if it is turning or not. If the servo is not operating you will have a engine power problem after 6500 rpm. If one valve is stuck closed you will get a engine miss or fludder sound from the exhaust and low power. if the valve is stuck open the engine will  sound louder at idle.
If you want to prove this to yourself. remove the plastic cover from the servo with engine idling. grab the spool and turn it to fully open the exhaust valves. Then you can here the diff. Another test to prove that the servo was not the problem with the so called flooding and hard starting. Just unplug the servo motor from the haraness. Start your sled. You can turn the servo open or closed and try to start you sled with valves in any postion.
You can do this right in front of your dealer. But do you want to show him that he is wrong.  Now that there is no snow in Regina for the weekend Were are you going to test it.
I have worked on my 800 this year several times to correct verious problems that the dealers just do not appear to want to repair. I do understand what you are going though. If that helps.  These engine run great when you get the bugs out.
I have now 1600 miles on my sled and it gets great milage and stays with any other clutched & cannned, 800efi. My sled is all stock zr800efi.  
Taz800  

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats exactly what I was thinking with the servo motor cause I know that it only opens after a certain RPM. Therefore how would it effect startup? I really don't know myself but I know before the sled enters the back of my truck from the dealer, I will ride it for a few miles, snow or no snow. I,m sick of drivin back and forth! Thanks for the advice TAZ

P.s I would sincerely like to apologize to all the users of this forum for BOGGING down the server with my malicious and unscroupulous whining about my sled. I guess if I had a 900 cat I could post cutting down every other brand and telling how its the ultimate machine and no one will ever make a better one and nothing goes faster!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am sorry snow monkey
 I was only joking around I didnt mean to cut you that deep.....I know that I have my fair share of posts that are useless.....and I dont recall saying that that there will never be a better one made.

·
Registered
26 Posts
  Snow monkey.  When you pickup your sled ask nicks for a detailed wrty report on what they fixed on your complete sled.  You do have the right to know what has been repaired.!!!  I would also make a list for yourself and approx milages that repairs were done for yourself and If the sled gives you problems next year. You have something to talk to A/C about. with proper paper work A/C has been very good on auth. policy on 2 year. Yes I know your sled has two year wrty but read the fine print. It is not bumper to bumper wrty. like the 1st year.
 Taz800.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I agree with taz800........If you have a history of bad luck cat is preaty decent with good faith warranty issues. Hopefully the bugs are worked out so when we get some real snow next year you will be ridding not fixing....Try The gallery for you warranty......Its 40 miles closer and Rick is one of the nicest guys I know.......lots of coffee and free service tips and advice

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, lets start off by saying, you didn't cut me that deep, I can take the ribbing about sled brand or repair work. But I enjoy being on this forum and I might not have the best knowledge to share but I think people enjoy having me around. Paul Yarek seems to miss me a whole lot. What goes around comes around and its all in fun

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah, the possibilities are pretty high of me not riding a cat next year. All that walking has done too much good for my physical state

1 - 13 of 13 Posts