Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 96 form 3 with v force reeds,thundr shiftarms from bill cudney.k&n filters,and getting jaws pipes.what else can be done to ramps,and springsand gears to turn the heads of the big boys.but keep the sled trail frendly.thanks for the help.my summer project.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Here is the number I would call.   (519) 676-4265.  

·
Registered
361 Posts
frozenbugger, if you install the Jaws pipes, you should get them or contact them and set engine up as per their specs. (thicker base gasket, head and squish machining as you'll need a little more squish clearance than stock, airbox mods and jetting changes), and if the rest of your engine is strong (pistons, rings, and crank bearings), you'll definitely be happy with the response and acceleration of the Jaws pipes. You'll have to re-clutch ( I'd recommend starting with 286 ramps, red (230-410) spring, 10.5 to 12 g pins set at 3 or 4 clicker and use stock beige or goodwin blue sec. spring with a straight 44 coated cam @ 18-20lbs.) That setup should be a good all around setup with a little fine tuning when running 8900-9100 rpm's and piped. Also, make sure you have good traction (studded: 144 at least for hardpack, or 1.25-1.5" paddle for hardpack&medpack snow)
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Believe it or not, I actually forgot to mention something. As for gearing, depending on weight of track, I would gear between 23-43 (192 studs, or 1.5" paddle "heavy"), 25-44 (144 studs, or 1.25" paddle "med heavy"), up to 25-43 (144 studs on speed track or a non-studded 1" "light").
I hope this also helps !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts