Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 Haulmark 24' enclosed a few weeks back and everything works except the inside lights. The bulbs are fine so I checked at the truck (2000 F-150) and noticed I don't have power at one of the pins on my stock 7 pin connector. This pin is labled "hot all the time". I'm just wondering if I need to add a fuse or a relay somewhere in the junction box that didn't come stock with the truck for that circuit to work? Anyone else run into this? My guess is that wire should also be charging my emergency battery in the trailer for my electric brakes. Thanks for any help you can give. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
My brother had a problem with not getting any power to one of the pins on his 7 pin connecter ended up being a fuse under the hood was bad his was a dodge truck though might be something you might want to check

·
Registered
357 Posts
That line should be fused or whoever wired it might have put in a mini 12 volt breaker under the hood. Look for a 1" x 1/2" black box with two wire posts on it. Some have a little red reset on the top.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks boys. I bought the truck new so any wiring is factory. All fuses test good, I think I'm missing a relay at the junction box under the hood but I need a better diagram than what I have or I'm only guessing....

·
Registered
287 Posts
sometimes this wiring will only be hot when the engine is running so you don't wear the battery down, start it up and check it. Typically they run off the altenator, or if you have the tow package, there will be a relay that powers that wire, but the relay is not installed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i had the same prob. there is a smaller fuse box under the hood (on the drivers side) up by the master cylinder., pop the cover off and im sure you will find a blown mini fuse. i searched and searched until i pulled out the manuals and found there was another fuse box...hope this helps. do u have outside running lights working??you shouldnt since this usually is on the same circuit.
i found my trailer had a broken wire which shorted the mini fuse under the hood.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, but Paul nailed it. I went back and dug to the bottom of my glove box and found those two relays that had fallen out of the bag with the wiring harness! Thanks Paul. And everyone for your suggestions. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts